Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

Old Nov 17th 2006, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

Originally Posted by northernbird
Bugger. I like my bacon. What, is it too fatty, too salty ??

Can you get a decent sausage in Aus ?

I am still searching for the perfect sausage. ooo err missus [/QUOTE]

Oooooooooh matron ! lol
Old Nov 17th 2006, 5:55 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice
Red face Re: For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

Originally Posted by elmtree
We are going for pretty much the same reasons as you; The weather, obviously, is so much better and we think we'll do so much more as a family. Here myself and OH often work on alternate weekends but we'll be taking enough capital with us to just have a small mortgage so hopefully we'll have the weekends to ourselves. The weather will also allow us to more.

Obviously leaving family and friends is a concern but we only get this one shot at life* and we want to experience the adventure and give it a go

* unless you believe in reincarnation
Go with your heart, your only here once lifes no dress rehearsal.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 6:52 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Reasons for going 1)A new experience - live a little
2)Meet new people,see new places
3)Reduce my working hours once O.H has job
4) better environment for kids (hopefully)
5)More sunshine
6)More space hopefully

Reasons against 1) Family a long way away
2) Big upheaval
3) Financially - will cost a lot of money

The reasons against are pretty big reasons but I have wanted to emigrate since I was a teenager. Not because I dislike Britain - far from it. Not necessarily to Australia - I thought about America for a while.
My main reason is because I want to do something a little bit different. I don't want to lead an average life. I'm sure there are lots of you on here that can relate to that.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:47 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

You only get one life! Live it. Enjoy!
The Uk is shite. I have friends from all over the world now since i travelled. I love Oz, London, Bangkok and NZ. But there is only one place place that gives me everything i want. And thats Sydney in Oz. Work- fantastic job. Money- see job, Friends- heaps of then from Nz and Oz living here also many are coming to visit, Family- married and planning for kids in a year or so. My family can come vistit me. Infact they can't wait. So all in all life is better here. But unlesss you have never left your own home town and never lived anywhere else. Then you will never know until you do it. BTW its easy!IMHO The grass is usually greener. But why not visit before you make the big move and regret it?
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:54 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jockstar
The Uk is shite.
Bit of a sweeping statement..
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:57 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Jeez matt your eager, we've been here 4 months got MIL coming in 2 weeks and dreadin it, I might add tho it is for 7 weeks, do you think I'm gonna end up killling her, chances are looking good 7 weeks for god sake!! Why the hell did they think we were coming this far, we could have gone to Canada for gods sake!!!!
Thats nothing got fil coming christmas eve for 3 months, what am I going to do with him!!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sausages here are just yuck, the bacon is fine if you like it smoked. If you're a lover of the unsmoked stuff, like me, forget it, none in sight
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more and more convinced that when people say the UK is shite, what they really mean is that they'd MUCH rather be somewhere else for any reason(s) they could give at that time, or there is a single compelling reason for the justification, weather and traffic is allowable in my books. It's as simple as that. As soon as you allow for that, there's a lot more understanding lol.

I also think the Uk is 'shite' (note apostrophes) because I'd rather be here. but I know it's not a bad place when you rank it compared to parts of Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of

Wow, they are some good reasons there, mine are the same as yours, except i dont have the financial problems, coz my mum and dad are paying...lol

Matt

xxxx
Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt06
Wow, they are some good reasons there, mine are the same as yours, except i dont have the financial problems, coz my mum and dad are paying...lol

Matt

xxxx
Have you thought of getting a job Matt to help your poor parents out.lol
only kidding.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:24 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Have you thought of getting a job Matt to help your poor parents out.lol
only kidding.

Och, CathnPaul get rid of that sponger!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Och, CathnPaul get rid of that sponger!
lol... he is a gooden.