Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: For and Against moving to oz! Reasons the same as mine?

Originally Posted by Angela Marie
Am I missing something ??? Is the bacon is Aus expensive ? Or crap ? WHAT ???

In reply to poster The S's bacon comment
Angela[/QUOTE]

The bacon here is cheap, cheap cheap, I get it on special days where its about $8.00 kg and its the best bacon I've ever had, we love it, eat it mornin, noon and night hence the extra 2 stone in weight put on, but yeah its great as I have found with most meat and fish a lot cheaper here than the UK.

By the way you only have to wait acouple of days before it's on spec!!! every other week its on cheap price so just wait and buy extra!!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

By the way you only have to wait acouple of days before it's on spec!!! every other week its on cheap price so just wait and buy extra!![/QUOTE]

See now you've made everyones day here in the UK ! home comforts
angela
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Am I missing something ??? Is the bacon is Aus expensive ? Or crap ? WHAT ???
expensive AND crap[/QUOTE]

Bugger. I like my bacon. What, is it too fatty, too salty ??

Can you get a decent sausage in Aus ?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:32 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elmtree

Can you get a decent sausage in Aus ?

I'll be taking my sausage with me

Lynne
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

expensive AND crap

Can you get a decent sausage in Aus ?[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooooooooooo it's fantastic you'll love it, the bacon here is like i consider the dry cure expensive stuff in Tesco but a fraction of the price it's gorg. No fat, not too salty just right!!!!! You can get lovely suasage here all sorts of different styles no complaints from our faimily anyways.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:34 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

expensive AND crap

Can you get a decent sausage in Aus ?[/QUOTE]

I am still searching for the perfect sausage. ooo err missus
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

northernbird,

we will hopefully be in the Northern suburbs of Perth within the next 6 months. Where do you do your food shopping ? Joondalup ? Are there any nice delis in the area ?

Whe we were over this year we loved Brumby's bakers. Great bread and pies. mmm.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

northernbird,

we will hopefully be in the Northern suburbs of Perth within the next 6 months. Where do you do your food shopping ? Joondalup ? Are there any nice delis in the area ?

Whe we were over this year we loved Brumby's bakers. Great bread and pies. mmm.
Yeah I either do my shopping at joondalup or currambine. sometimes if I am passing whitfords I might go there too. don't know about delis, tend to get all my stuff at woolies.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand the bacon or the sausage here.
Looking forward to getting my first bacon sani in UK in a couple of weeks.

Whisky
Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whisky
I can't stand the bacon or the sausage here.
Looking forward to getting my first bacon sani in UK in a couple of weeks.

Whisky

Whisky. Yes, that's something I'd miss - cheap single malt! And the berries.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:49 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Jeez matt your eager, we've been here 4 months got MIL coming in 2 weeks and dreadin it, I might add tho it is for 7 weeks, do you think I'm gonna end up killling her, chances are looking good 7 weeks for god sake!! Why the hell did they think we were coming this far, we could have gone to Canada for gods sake!!!!

:scared:

OMG, if your MIL is coming for 7 weeks, (aaaaghggghghghghghhg!!!!!)
Thats it i'm NOT telling my inlaws our address in Adelaide. NIGHTMARE
Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:50 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
:scared:

OMG, if your MIL is coming for 7 weeks, (aaaaghggghghghghghhg!!!!!)
Thats it i'm NOT telling my inlaws our address in Adelaide. NIGHTMARE

I know! You would get less for murder!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

ooohhh errrrrr

the price of bacon!

will be leaving for better weather and life for my children

i will miss family, friends and chocolate,

not neccessarily in that order

Beth
Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:52 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry 'bout that last post, got a bit carried away, as you can tell one of my reasons for coming is to escape the in-laws. the other is the lifestyle, in oz you work to live, not like in the UK where you live to work.

Can't wait to get there

Nic
Old Nov 17th 2006, 4:53 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Sorry 'bout that last post, got a bit carried away, as you can tell one of my reasons for coming is to escape the in-laws. the other is the lifestyle, in oz you work to live, not like in the UK where you live to work.

Can't wait to get there

Nic

Don't apologise.....most of us have MILs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.