AFL Adoption

Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RichS
hevs - be honest you just like the short shorts. never mind all this "my grandad this and that" rubbish.
I would be the first to admit to that.

HOWEVER!!! in my defence, your honour, the question was why pledge alliegence to a TEAM? not just what i mainly like about the game
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:26 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by hevs
I would be the first to admit to that.

Yup - I couldn't deny the shorts issue either

But anyway, in answer to the question - Brisbane Lions as they're the first home team I went to see.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:27 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AFL Adoption

Guess I have adopted the Lions as my team.

My other half is from Brissie and her brother is a big Lions fan and took me along to a game when I was over there last.

Dont think I will ever have the passion for them and the game as I do for Forest and football over here. There seemed very little passion from the crowd.

But it may be something to do on a weekend.

cheers

TT

Originally posted by PeteY
Just wondering how many of you have adopted an AFL team, which, and why?

I'm now a Port Adelaide fan, as i live in SA i wanted to go for an SA team.

Choice was Port or the Crows......went for port for 3 reasons....

1) Easier to get cheap seats
2) Crows are crap
3) Don't like scandals.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:28 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by owieb
Dockers supporter!

Because my wife works for one of their sponsors and we went to a training session with them! The players were all really friendly and down to earth, and were just enjoying themselves. Plus we get free tickets to all the games so it makes it nice and cheap to go along to the matches!

Never thought I'd be into it so much; not really been a big soccer fan, used to go and watch the internationals at wembley, but that was about it.

Now find myself going to subi oval every fortnight and getting right into the game and waving my flag when we score!

Just gutted that I'm too old to be out there playing.
Forgive my ignorance!!

But if you live south of the Swan River do the majority support the Dockers? And north of the river, who do they support?

Walla
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:32 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

West coast (eagles) are the other W/A team
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:33 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

West coast (eagles) are the other W/A team
thanx for that pm, just what i needed
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:46 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I Don't miss the Rangers V Celtic crap. Are you a Proddy or a Fenian. Definetly a plus of living in Australia.
Travelling on same train as other teams supporters & never any trouble is a pleasure.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:47 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Essendon (you'd never guess what with my avatar and all )

1. beacuase i couldn't have a strip that would clash with my hair
I'd need one that doesn't clash with grey.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:49 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
I Don't miss the Rangers V Celtic crap. Are you a Proddy or a Fenian. Definetly a plus of living in Australia.
Travelling on same train as other teams supporters & never any trouble is a pleasure.
bordy, thats all i get here. its the first question u get from people theres more to us than rangers and celtic
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:51 pm
owieb

Originally posted by walla1
Forgive my ignorance!!

But if you live south of the Swan River do the majority support the Dockers? And north of the river, who do they support?

Walla
I live North of River and there's normally loads of supporters coming down on the train. I think the fan base of both clubs is pretty spread out across Perth.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Didnt take long for Glasgow's Sporting Fame to crop up...

Usually get asked by Paddies who ask all the time!!!blue /green etc.

Any way, I barrack for the WCE( eagles)

Did barrack the Swans afew years back , they were crap...kept missing the finals.

Just days after arriving , The Perth Derby was on and so went doon to Subiaco to get a feel for the atmoshere at the pub.

Was told by the diehards that biffo was guaranteed on and off the pitch. They are proud to say so!!!

No probs there. You wanna see real biffo with passion ...go to Glasgow on derby day..LOL!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

And The WCE lost the game too!!!.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:21 pm
owieb

Originally posted by Muzza04
And The WCE lost the game too!!!.
Go the Dockers!

Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:33 pm
The Godfather

Originally posted by soapy
bordy, thats all i get here. its the first question u get from people theres more to us than rangers and celtic

Ive never been asked here what religion I am in Melbourne.
But you will know the crap I'm talking about in West of Scotland, not being able to go in some pubs etc because its for catholics & vice versa.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by Bordy
Ive never been asked here what religion I am in Melbourne.
But you will know the crap I'm talking about in West of Scotland, not being able to go in some pubs etc because its for catholics & vice versa.
yeh mate, i had years of it.
its great here, the kids can wear the strip they want to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.