Advice urgent

Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

gary + mandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Advice urgent

OMG , we fly out on the 17th of oct and we are stopping in bangkok for 2 nites, with everything going on we have just relised that we havent looked into seeing if we need any shots for anything !!!!!! Can anyone tell us if we need to have any injections for thailand please.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Advice urgent

Originally Posted by gary + mandy
OMG , we fly out on the 17th of oct and we are stopping in bangkok for 2 nites, with everything going on we have just relised that we havent looked into seeing if we need any shots for anything !!!!!! Can anyone tell us if we need to have any injections for thailand please.
http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/priva...-health-advice

Or go and see your GP

Good luck
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of

Hi there,

I stopped of in Bangkok and went to the island of Krabbi on my only visit to OZ 2 years ago and we did not get any jags.
Bangkok is crazy, the traffic is the worst i have ever seen, about 6/7 lanes of cars nose to tail !!!
Enjoy.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Advice urgent

Thanx for that, we are looking forward to the hotel more than anything as we have splashed out on that, hopefully we will be able to shut out all that car pollution in our posh hotel !!! [lol]

I stopped of in Bangkok and went to the island of Krabbi on my only visit to OZ 2 years ago and we did not get any jags.
Bangkok is crazy, the traffic is the worst i have ever seen, about 6/7 lanes of cars nose to tail !!!
Enjoy.[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of

When we were in Bangkok we stayed in the hotel for the 3 nights and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere, outside we felt a bit unsure of things.
If you are taking a trip to the Grand Palace with a tour coach be warned, they bring you back to your hotel via a jewellery making factory and try to get you to part with your cash. We jumped in a taxi after about 5 minutes and it took us over an hour to get to the hotel driving at peak time (5pm).
It's a crazy place and mad hot too.
Thanx for that, we are looking forward to the hotel more than anything as we have splashed out on that, hopefully we will be able to shut out all that car pollution in our posh hotel !!! [lol]

Enjoy.
[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lang81
When we were in Bangkok we stayed in the hotel for the 3 nights and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere, outside we felt a bit unsure of things.
If you are taking a trip to the Grand Palace with a tour coach be warned, they bring you back to your hotel via a jewellery making factory and try to get you to part with your cash. We jumped in a taxi after about 5 minutes and it took us over an hour to get to the hotel driving at peak time (5pm).
It's a crazy place and mad hot too.
[/QUOTE]

We are planning to see the grand palace, dont think hubby and kids will wont to go to the jewellery factory though! Thanx for the advice. Where did you stay? we are staying at the Marriot resort hotel and spa.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:23 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I went to Bangkok and Koh Samui in June this year and even though Bangkok can seem very overwhelming you must definitly get out and have a look.
The sky train they have in the new areas is great air conditioned fantastic, you must take a tuk tuk ride just for the experience! Only use official metered taxis especially at the airport and make sure they turn their meters on!! Don't be afraid to speak out, even though i found Thai people generally lovely they do like to try and scam you. Visit a night market in Bangkokas well. I brought the Lonely Planet guide to Bangkok which was great. Maybe not worth it if you're only there for a few days. I did have injections can't remember which though, hep i think and some others. Have fun
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

We stayed on Silom road at the Holiday Inn Bangkok. We are planning to see the grand palace, dont think hubby and kids will wont to go to the jewellery factory though! Thanx for the advice. Where did you stay? we are staying at the Marriot resort hotel and spa.[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:12 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I stayed at the Pathumwan Princess Hotel www.pprincess.com was absolutely lovely, the roof top pool with its frangipani trees made you feel a thousand miles away from the centre of Bangkok.

I know where the Holiday Inn is, good location, near the sky train.

Another tip is if anyone tells you a tourist attraction is closed for the kings birthday or public holiday ignore them and don't take there offer of a sight seeing trip either as they'll most likely take you somewhere and try to make you buy something!!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this website, it's the public access site related to a site a lot of professionals use in the UK. I give patients this website address when doing travel health consultations.

http://www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk/

2 nights in Bangkok is obviously less risky than say backpacking around Thailand, so you wouldn't need loads of weird and wonderful vaccines. Have a look then go and see your practice nurse for personalised advice.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?...=1013618386505
Old Oct 6th 2006, 12:07 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

They say hanging garlic cloves around your neck keeps the ladyboys away.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
They say hanging garlic cloves around your neck keeps the ladyboys away.

LOL !!!!