Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advice for tapping area

advice for tapping area

Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:25 am
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default advice for tapping area

Hi all me again

Im moving to Tapping area as i have said in variours other threads.
I just need some clarification on various points.
We are not taking our furniture or anything with us so looking for shops that provide this like Argos not to dear but you can get everthing from beds to fridge frezzers to Tvs etc and they deliver.

1) I Cant get my daughter into St Stephens school is ther any other school we would be able to get her into. If so have you any web sites so i can contact them.

2) Are there nurserys for my youngest daughter who will be one when we arrive same again any websites etc would be good.

3) Are there any banks close by to tapping as i have been told to do a westpac account for my money.

4) Were are the closest shops were you can do a big weekly shopping.

5) Are there any clubs that have kickboxing karate or any martial arts as i am a kickboxer and my daughter does Karate

i know its a lot but your help would be good.

cheers

Mick
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:38 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice for tapping area

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Hi all me again

Im moving to Tapping area as i have said in variours other threads.
I just need some clarification on various points.
We are not taking our furniture or anything with us so looking for shops that provide this like Argos not to dear but you can get everthing from beds to fridge frezzers to Tvs etc and they deliver.

Plenty of furniture and electrical shops in Joondalup. Target, KMart and Big W for kettles, toasters irons etc as well as cheap bedding, crockery etc. Large electricals Retravision, Good Guys, Harvey Norman. Furniture, Freedom, Harvey Normans, Furniture Bazzar, Home and lots of other little cheaper places dotted around. Most of these deliver.

1) I Cant get my daughter into St Stephens school is ther any other school we would be able to get her into. If so have you any web sites so i can contact them. State school for Tapping is Wanneroo High. Privates nearby (within 15 mins) in Joondalup and surrounding area are Lake Joondalup Baptist, Mater Dei, Prendiville, Peter Moyes, Quinns Baptist, Irene McCormack.

2) Are there nurserys for my youngest daughter who will be one when we arrive same again any websites etc would be good. ABC have a nursery in Tapping. try www.yellowpages.com.au it really works quite well for searches into nearby businesses

3) Are there any banks close by to tapping as i have been told to do a westpac account for my money. Banks are in Joondalup.

4) Were are the closest shops were you can do a big weekly shopping. Again Joondalup although Carramar is due to get a Woolworths but not sure when its opening, they are building it now.

5) Are there any clubs that have kickboxing karate or any martial arts as i am a kickboxer and my daughter does Karate I found this http://www.atimartialarts.com.au/index.html by using Google.

i know its a lot but your help would be good.

cheers

Mick
Please see my answers in red above
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:42 am
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by northernbird
Please see my answers in red above
many thanks
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

5) Are there any clubs that have kickboxing karate or any martial arts as i am a kickboxer and my daughter does Karate

Try ATI in joondalup...thats where my son goes
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

liverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really nice

Hello Mick,
We moved to Tapping about 7 months ago now and really like the place. The only down side is that you will really need a car to go to any shops etc...Although that might change once Woolies opens in Carramar.
A previous post mentioned Joodalup for all the weekly shopping, but you have also got Wanneroo centre which is gettting done up now. A new Coles which isn't as busy as Lakeside and other shops have already opened with more to follow over the next 12 months.
We have got our 2 kids (7 & 5) in Tapping Primary and they both love it.
Furniture wise, there is loads to choose from and it really just depends on how much you have got to spend. We decided to buy everything brand new but looking back, we should have sent eveything over and replaced it as and when we needed to because we have found that you definately get what you pay for over here and good quality furniture is really expensive. You have also got good old Ikea in Osborne Park to help you out !!
Kickboxing clubs are all over the place around Tapping, but you will have to drive. There are some in Joondalup and Wangara (about 8kms from Tapping) straight down Wanneroo Road. It is expensive though, we looked a getting my son back into the kickboxing and the clubs are looking for anything between $95 and $120 a month per child. We used to pay £3.50 a lesson back in the UK, but at the end of the day it depends on you and how serious you want to take it and if you are prepared to pay it. Most classes are pretty full so there are obviously people who don't think it is that expensive.
Good Luck with the move and please ask if you need anymore info.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:22 pm
MickyBhoy

Originally Posted by liverpool12
Hello Mick,
We moved to Tapping about 7 months ago now and really like the place. The only down side is that you will really need a car to go to any shops etc...Although that might change once Woolies opens in Carramar.
A previous post mentioned Joodalup for all the weekly shopping, but you have also got Wanneroo centre which is gettting done up now. A new Coles which isn't as busy as Lakeside and other shops have already opened with more to follow over the next 12 months.
We have got our 2 kids (7 & 5) in Tapping Primary and they both love it.
Furniture wise, there is loads to choose from and it really just depends on how much you have got to spend. We decided to buy everything brand new but looking back, we should have sent eveything over and replaced it as and when we needed to because we have found that you definately get what you pay for over here and good quality furniture is really expensive. You have also got good old Ikea in Osborne Park to help you out !!
Kickboxing clubs are all over the place around Tapping, but you will have to drive. There are some in Joondalup and Wangara (about 8kms from Tapping) straight down Wanneroo Road. It is expensive though, we looked a getting my son back into the kickboxing and the clubs are looking for anything between $95 and $120 a month per child. We used to pay £3.50 a lesson back in the UK, but at the end of the day it depends on you and how serious you want to take it and if you are prepared to pay it. Most classes are pretty full so there are obviously people who don't think it is that expensive.
Good Luck with the move and please ask if you need anymore info.
going to pm you if ok i have some questions to ask if ok