Reload this Page >

Advice please for lodging Bond...

Advice please for lodging Bond...

Old Aug 6th 2004, 7:26 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Advice please for lodging Bond...

Hi everyone,

I've been emailing our c/o recently and I'm fairly sure that we're about to be asked to lodge the $100K bond.

Does anyone know how I actually do this ?

Do I need an Aus bank account to do it or can I just somehow transfer the money from a UK account into one of the Aus state accounts ?

Do I need to use a foreign exchange company like HIFX or can I just instruct my bank (Lloyds Bank) to transfer the money into an Aus account ?

Where do I find out the details of the Aus bank account (e.g. account no, sort code, etc.) that I will need to transfer the money into ?

Does the state advise DIMIA directly that I have lodged the bond or do I somehow need to get some other type of evidence and send it to DIMIA ?

Does it matter what state I choose ?. I've had a quick look at a few of the states sites on the web and they all seem much of a muchness to me ?

Sorry, lots of questions but I've just realised that we're getting close to parting with a huge sum of money (well it's a lot for us !) and I don't know where to send it :scared:
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Choose a state,they are all similiar,then when you are requested to lodge the money,your bank or HIFX can do it for you.I requested an email as conformation that they had received it ,it then forwarded that to my case officer as proof that it had been lodged as you have to do it within a certain timescale.Download the forms for whichever state you decided then youve got them ready.Goodluck
Donna
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Advice please for lodging Bond...

Originally posted by EssexNobby
Hi everyone,

I've been emailing our c/o recently and I'm fairly sure that we're about to be asked to lodge the $100K bond.

Do I need an Aus bank account to do it or can I just somehow transfer the money from a UK account into one of the Aus state accounts ?
Do I need to use a foreign exchange company like HIFX or can I just instruct my bank (Lloyds Bank) to transfer the money into an Aus account ?
[/QUOTE]
Where do I find out the details of the Aus bank account (e.g. account no, sort code, etc.) that I will need to transfer the money into ?

Does the state advise DIMIA directly that I have lodged the bond or do I somehow need to get some other type of evidence and send it to DIMIA ?

Does it matter what state I choose ?. I've had a quick look at a few of the states sites on the web and they all seem much of a muchness to me ?

Sorry, lots of questions but I've just realised that we're getting close to parting with a huge sum of money (well it's a lot for us !) and I don't know where to send it :scared: [/QUOTE]
Kev
Dont worry mate
It is really easy. Once you have decided which state to go with (we used Queensland and we have got ours back now). They will then send you information on where to send the funds. Do not forget to ask them how much their bank charges for accepting the transfer.

We then faxed a copy of the bank receipt (HSBC) to our agent. The State Treasury department informs DIMA when they have received the funds. We got our visa just over three weeks later.

Good luck. Let me know if you need the email addresses.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 8:08 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Donna/Debsy,

Thanks for your help. I've just been on the QLD Tresury web site and there is an email address there which I've used to request a "designated investor information pack". I reckon that this will give me a lot more info on how to do this.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:06 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello EssexNobby ... this webpage might also help:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=155

Best regards.

Originally Posted by EssexNobby
Hi everyone,

Sorry, lots of questions but I've just realised that we're getting close to parting with a huge sum of money (well it's a lot for us !) and I don't know where to send it :scared: