Advice please

Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

RedDevilUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice please

I have made the phonecall to get the ball rolling and i am waiting now to hear if i need to have a "skill assessment".

Im a Painter and Decorator by the way

a few questions...

i was looking for jobs and it seems unless you already live in OZ you cant apply

how does the skill assessment work? surely i dont arrive for an interview and they ask me to gloss the doors and window frames LOL.
i dont have any certificates or anything like that, i served an apprentiship and ive been doing it for 23 years since.

i was hoping to try and get a job and possibly a sponser, how do i go about this without coming over as a cheeky git. Obviously having a sponser is better because you have peace of mind that you have a job to go to and they cover your costs...

also, how much does it cost to move furniture on average from the UK to Australia?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:28 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please

Welcome to BE.I cant help but someone will be along shortly to help ya, there a good bunch on here.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please

Originally Posted by RedDevilUK
I have made the phonecall to get the ball rolling and i am waiting now to hear if i need to have a "skill assessment".

Im a Painter and Decorator by the way

a few questions...

i was looking for jobs and it seems unless you already live in OZ you cant apply

how does the skill assessment work? surely i dont arrive for an interview and they ask me to gloss the doors and window frames LOL.
i dont have any certificates or anything like that, i served an apprentiship and ive been doing it for 23 years since.

i was hoping to try and get a job and possibly a sponser, how do i go about this without coming over as a cheeky git. Obviously having a sponser is better because you have peace of mind that you have a job to go to and they cover your costs...

also, how much does it cost to move furniture on average from the UK to Australia?

You need to apply to the TRA for a skills assessment to enable you to apply for a visa. The TRA is probably the hardest bit of getting a visa. You'll find info here on what you need to do:
http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...oAustralia.htm

In some parts of Austalia you may need to hold a licence to work, more info at the bottom of this page: http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...or-4421-11.htm

I would presume that most painters and decorators would work for smaller firms who in reality won't be able to afford to offer this for you - I could be wrong though.