Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice please !!!

Advice please !!!

Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Passionate Pom will become famous soon enoughPassionate Pom will become famous soon enough
Default Advice please !!!

It is against the Australian law to backwash your pool OR spa into your garden or your stormwater drain, BUT i believe you are allowed to empty and water your garden with your spa water ( don't ask me the difference between EMPTY and BACKWASH ??)
How do i stop my neighbours from emptying their spa into the back of their garden as it flows under my fence and runs down my footpath to my stormwater drain. Leaving a scummy resedue of bubbles, hair and god only knows what else !!!!
I've spoken to them before about it and the arguement got out of hand and we haven't spoken since.:curse:
Any advice please ???
Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please !!!

Originally Posted by Passionate Pom
It is against the Australian law to backwash your pool OR spa into your garden or your stormwater drain, BUT i believe you are allowed to empty and water your garden with your spa water ( don't ask me the difference between EMPTY and BACKWASH ??)
How do i stop my neighbours from emptying their spa into the back of their garden as it flows under my fence and runs down my footpath to my stormwater drain. Leaving a scummy resedue of bubbles, hair and god only knows what else !!!!
I've spoken to them before about it and the arguement got out of hand and we haven't spoken since.:curse:
Any advice please ???
Check with your local council? Council's health dept? Good luck with it.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice please ???
Do you not have any water restrictions down there How can they justify emptying their spa, don't they know there's a drought Definitely get on to the council and find out.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice please ???
We had water from the rear neighbours septic system coming down, spoke to them, they are OK and admitted it was faulty, but renting from the father who would not repair it, got the council out (eventually could tell they didnt really want to get involved) anyway pee and poop etc came up in the sample, they were ordered to fix it. So I'd start with the council then.

I am amazed at the type of things neighbours expect you to put up with:curse: and how they react when you speak to them about it, one of our neighbours blocked off the drainage easement, and all we got was Furk off poms type comments.