Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog owners-insurance?

Dog owners-insurance?

Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:26 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dog owners-insurance?

My 2 dogs are insured with Kennel Club but they don't do overseas so I guess I will need to cancel the policy to take effect as of the day they fly out.

How do I ensure they remain covered by insurance with no gaps throughout flight and quarantine? I presume airpets will offer me transit insurance and then i would immediate coverage on landing with an Aus insurance company?

Has anyone any advice?

Cheers
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:34 pm
Banned

FishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dog owners-insurance?

Are they show dogs or something?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:26 am
Just Joined

buckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the roughbuckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the roughbuckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the roughbuckinghamshire lass is a jewel in the rough

Im trying to remember from memory what we did? We flew our dog and cat from the UK to Aus. I think we cancelled the UK insurance when we arrived and had already taken an Aus insurance policy before we left, so they overlapped. I dont think either covered them whilst in flight though and I think that will be similar for all policies. I would imagine that should anything happened during the flight it would be the carriers responsibility?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:44 am
Banned

FishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud ofFishOil has much to be proud of

Thats true but unfortunately the monetary value of most dogs is around zero. In the laws eyes.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:59 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FishOil
Are they show dogs or something?
They are offspring off show dogs and cost 500 each However, our mad moment of extravagance aside the reason we just want to have continuous cover is if they develop an illness whilst not covered (even if just one day) the treatment of that illness (if it turns out to be an ongoing condition) will never be covered (all future policies will exclude) which could mean 1000's in vet costs. It happened to a friend of mine so rather cautious
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:00 am
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by buckinghamshire lass
Im trying to remember from memory what we did? We flew our dog and cat from the UK to Aus. I think we cancelled the UK insurance when we arrived and had already taken an Aus insurance policy before we left, so they overlapped. I dont think either covered them whilst in flight though and I think that will be similar for all policies. I would imagine that should anything happened during the flight it would be the carriers responsibility?
Cheers I think that's what we'll do. OH thinks that airpets will offer some form of transit insurance perhaps.