Advice please!

Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice please!

Hi guys,
I think we were registered on here before, but somehow managed to lose it!
We are currently at the stage where we have gone through our medicals and are now waiting for our visa. We are going out on a skilled independant visa.
Hubby is a carpenter/joiner and we have 4 kids.
Can anyone give us some ideas on the best way to get his tools out? and also we have on the internet looked at both Nerang and Lawnton, does anyone have any idea on these areas? We are not bringing any pets, well assuming the kids don't come under that classification
Will it be hard for hubby to find work? what are the normal working hours? We are currently self employed at the moment, but will just go for employed status as we don't have the courage to go self employed out there with no knowledge of how things work!
What about cars and car seat laws? All our kids are 9 or under and are currently in car seats of some description.
Any advice on the practical side of just living out there would be greatfully received.
Thanks!
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice
Default Re: Advice please!

Originally Posted by yolandacharm
Hi guys,
I think we were registered on here before, but somehow managed to lose it!
We are currently at the stage where we have gone through our medicals and are now waiting for our visa. We are going out on a skilled independant visa.
Hubby is a carpenter/joiner and we have 4 kids.
Can anyone give us some ideas on the best way to get his tools out? and also we have on the internet looked at both Nerang and Lawnton, does anyone have any idea on these areas? We are not bringing any pets, well assuming the kids don't come under that classification
Will it be hard for hubby to find work? what are the normal working hours? We are currently self employed at the moment, but will just go for employed status as we don't have the courage to go self employed out there with no knowledge of how things work!
What about cars and car seat laws? All our kids are 9 or under and are currently in car seats of some description.
Any advice on the practical side of just living out there would be greatfully received.
Thanks!
Hi i thought i would reply as my hubby is a plasterer and he just shipped ALL his tools out along with our shipment. With regards to whether your hubby will be able to find work, it won't be a problem at all, my hubby only had 2 weeks off when we first arrived 2 years ago and that was only because i wouldn't let him work, he needed to help me sort things out!!! Mark (my hubby) works from 5.30am and then is home by 3pm at the very latest! His wages are no different than he was working in the uk, yet the hours much, much shorter here and he doesn't work weekends here. We are not far from Lawnton, in Albany Creek which is a great area for children and its already an established area not a big estate. I haven't been to Nerang but Lawnton is pretty close to the Industrial area! Hope this helps, pm me if you have any questions,
I'm not sure about the car seat laws but no doubt someone else can help you.

Take care, Rach x
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoots nan
Hi i thought i would reply as my hubby is a plasterer and he just shipped ALL his tools out along with our shipment. With regards to whether your hubby will be able to find work, it won't be a problem at all, my hubby only had 2 weeks off when we first arrived 2 years ago and that was only because i wouldn't let him work, he needed to help me sort things out!!! Mark (my hubby) works from 5.30am and then is home by 3pm at the very latest! His wages are no different than he was working in the uk, yet the hours much, much shorter here and he doesn't work weekends here. We are not far from Lawnton, in Albany Creek which is a great area for children and its already an established area not a big estate. I haven't been to Nerang but Lawnton is pretty close to the Industrial area! Hope this helps, pm me if you have any questions,
I'm not sure about the car seat laws but no doubt someone else can help you.

Take care, Rach x
Wow! 5:30, good grief, sounds awfully early, but then home by 3pm, hmm not bad!
Thanks,
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

You'll find that most tradies (well the ones Mark works with anyway) get on site that early as the sun gets hot here so they start early and finish early!

Mark was on site that early in the uk but wasn't finishing till 6pm or sometimes later if he was doing private work.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hoots nan
You'll find that most tradies (well the ones Mark works with anyway) get on site that early as the sun gets hot here so they start early and finish early!

Mark was on site that early in the uk but wasn't finishing till 6pm or sometimes later if he was doing private work.

Of course! sun, whoops, nearly forgot about that in rainy cold Northern Ireland! heehee