advice please

Old Apr 7th 2004, 8:07 am
Just Joined

longton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice please

Dear all

I could do with some friendly advice please.
I have completed one of the free assessments on the web and sadly only got 115 points. Now my question is with the jobs in demand catagory, which my job is, how can you get a job offer which will give us the 120 points, when you have'nt got the visa?

Hoping some one in the know can help. Please be patient with me as well, it's my first time in one of these forum's.

Many thanks

Longton
Old Apr 7th 2004, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road

Hi,

If your job is in demand, why not consider state territory nominated independent(STNI) the government sponsors you, and you do not need to meet the points, just basic requirements such as age, language, work experience.

Melbourne and Adelide do this look at there government websites
(google under Victoria gov, south Aus Gov) it will tell you if you can be sponsored. Its quicker too, can come through in 6 months.

Good luck

Angie
Old Apr 7th 2004, 8:15 am
rudo1ph

Hi Brummie Bird - which part of the Midlands are you in? I was born (and lived - for 22 years) in Solihull. Now live just north of Castle Hill, Sydney.

Rudi

Old Apr 7th 2004, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Longton, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately i cannot answer your question but there are sure to be some on here that can.

Failing that, you might want to ask the same question in the "immigration" forum, very helpful in there.

Good luck
Paul

Last edited by Paul&Ann-Marie; Apr 7th 2004 at 5:30 pm.