Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice Needed Desperately.please

Advice Needed Desperately.please

Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

ozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really nice
Default Advice Needed Desperately.please

Hi All

Knew it was too good to be true Everything going smoothly...movers coming on Tuesday...flights booked for 22nd Sep...very sad at leaving my 20 year old son to complete his HGV apprenticeship, but would have finished in approx 6 months and then moved over. In May he was caught just over the limit drink driving ....I know..I know absolutely stupid boy....was fined and banned for 1 year and was VERY lucky to keep his job.But what has he gone and done...got caught driving while banned Goes to court next week. Will definately lose his job now with only a few months to end of apprenticeship. He has decided he wants to come with us now After discussing it with his father we think that might be the best option What I would like to know if anyone can advise, what is the liklihood of his being allowed a 1 year Temporary Working Visa with these 2 convictions. He is FAST running out of options. Thing is he is a very nice lad, just INCREDIBLY thoughtless and stupid sometimes Thanks all.

Marlyn
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:44 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed Desperately.please

Originally Posted by ozzymaz
Hi All

Knew it was too good to be true Everything going smoothly...movers coming on Tuesday...flights booked for 22nd Sep...very sad at leaving my 20 year old son to complete his HGV apprenticeship, but would have finished in approx 6 months and then moved over. In May he was caught just over the limit drink driving ....I know..I know absolutely stupid boy....was fined and banned for 1 year and was VERY lucky to keep his job.But what has he gone and done...got caught driving while banned Goes to court next week. Will definately lose his job now with only a few months to end of apprenticeship. He has decided he wants to come with us now After discussing it with his father we think that might be the best option What I would like to know if anyone can advise, what is the liklihood of his being allowed a 1 year Temporary Working Visa with these 2 convictions. He is FAST running out of options. Thing is he is a very nice lad, just INCREDIBLY thoughtless and stupid sometimes Thanks all.

Marlyn
I don't have any advice, just wanted to wish you luck. Kids eh, who would have em!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:53 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/general/general04.htm
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

ozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't have any advice, just wanted to wish you luck. Kids eh, who would have em!

You can say that again :scared:
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that ....looks promising so will send in application and just have to wait and see.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:26 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that ....looks promising so will send in application and just have to wait and see.
Good Luck.... C x
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:35 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Marlyn

Seems a shame he would loose his job? Is this because he would be unable to get to the job without a car?

Our regional manager (while in the UK) lost his licence after several drink driving convictions. He took a step down to retain his job but had to put up with lost bonus opportunities. The company didnt automatically fire him - although he was the butt of jokes for a few months.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebears
Seems a shame he would loose his job? Is this because he would be unable to get to the job without a car?

Our regional manager (while in the UK) lost his licence after several drink driving convictions. He took a step down to retain his job but had to put up with lost bonus opportunities. The company didnt automatically fire him - although he was the butt of jokes for a few months.
HGV apprenticeship means truck driver. There're many driver aides in the cab these days, but an automatic pilot isn't one of them : )
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:04 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CHnJ
HGV apprenticeship means truck driver. There're many driver aides in the cab these days, but an automatic pilot isn't one of them : )
No but cant he do some office based work for the company for remaining months? or sit as a drivers buddy?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Marlyn

hope things work out for you and your son. yes kids can be very stupid despite the life advice we give them!!!!

good luck.

regards

lolly
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thebears
No but cant he do some office based work for the company for remaining months? or sit as a drivers buddy?

He works for a small company and he needs to be able to go out on breakdowns.....his boss has been really great with him when it happened first time.. keeping him in the workshop until he got his driving licence back but that is not likely to happen now for a few years, so you can understand his position.... he needs an employee who can drive
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lollyno1
hope things work out for you and your son. yes kids can be very stupid despite the life advice we give them!!!!

good luck.

regards

lolly
thanks a lot....wouldent it be great if just ONCE they would listen to any advice......lets face it, they always know best
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a lot....wouldent it be great if just ONCE they would listen to any advice......lets face it, they always know best

yes it would...and i can hear my mum saying the same thing about me when i was that age

we all learn by our mistakes...and im 46 and still making them..lol

anyway i really do hope things turn out for the best for him.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Just an update on the above......Jamie was sacked on the spot, told to leave the premises immediately once they were told what had happened. Cant say I blame them really, they had given him a chance and he blew it......but only had 3 months of his apprenticeship to finish. Fortunately his training provider is letting him finish it in their workshop. He went to court and was given 120 hours of community service with a 2 year ban. Stupid Boy!!! Even while I am typing this I feel sooooo angry at him. We are now in Perth and I do not have any idea of his chances of him being able to come to Perth when he has finished his community service but as said before will apply for Working Visa and hopefully he will be able to come then and try and get sponsership while here......unless anyone can advise me of a better way
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:42 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update on the above......Jamie was sacked on the spot, told to leave the premises immediately once they were told what had happened. Cant say I blame them really, they had given him a chance and he blew it......but only had 3 months of his apprenticeship to finish. Fortunately his training provider is letting him finish it in their workshop. He went to court and was given 120 hours of community service with a 2 year ban. Stupid Boy!!! Even while I am typing this I feel sooooo angry at him. We are now in Perth and I do not have any idea of his chances of him being able to come to Perth when he has finished his community service but as said before will apply for Working Visa and hopefully he will be able to come then and try and get sponsership while here......unless anyone can advise me of a better way

I feel sorry for you, but have to agree yes he is VERY stupid, drink driving is just a NO NO, Hopefully he will have learned his lesson.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.