Advice needed.

Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Lozmartin is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Advice needed.

Hello,

Firstly, I apologize if this is a repeated post. Please bear with me.

Just wandering if anyone can give any advice. we are looking to move to Australia, with our two children who are at the moment 14 and 16. My husband is a domestic plumber/gas fitter by trade, but for the last 13 years he has been working as an industrial plumber/pipe fitter. I am a clerical officer within a hospital.

We are going out to Australia next Feb to have a look around and see where is best for us, and if indeed Australia is for us. My son is due to start college this september and so if all goes well by time we are able to move he will be looking at universities and my daughter will be looking at colleges.

Suppose my questions are; what is life like for people like us, with children the ages of ours? Jobs; are we likely to find work easily? The places we have looked at so far online are Melbourne and Perth. Are we looking in the right direction?

Any help will be gratefully received. This is something we have thought long and hard about. And is it something we really want to do.

Thank you for reading this posting I look forward to hearing from anyone.

Loz x

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 1st 2007 at 1:50 pm. Reason: please don't post email addresses on the open forum.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice needed.

Originally Posted by Lozmartin
Hello,

Firstly, I apologize if this is a repeated post. Please bear with me.

Just wandering if anyone can give any advice. we are looking to move to Australia, with our two children who are at the moment 14 and 16. My husband is a domestic plumber/gas fitter by trade, but for the last 13 years he has been working as an industrial plumber/pipe fitter. I am a clerical officer within a hospital.

We are going out to Australia next Feb to have a look around and see where is best for us, and if indeed Australia is for us. My son is due to start college this september and so if all goes well by time we are able to move he will be looking at universities and my daughter will be looking at colleges.

Suppose my questions are; what is life like for people like us, with children the ages of ours? Jobs; are we likely to find work easily? The places we have looked at so far online are Melbourne and Perth. Are we looking in the right direction?

Any help will be gratefully received. This is something we have thought long and hard about. And is it something we really want to do.
Thank you for reading this posting I look forward to hearing from anyone.

Loz x
Hi loz
Firstly welcome to expats
We have recently moved from uk to perth (Thornlie) with 2 kids one 14 nearly 15 and 9 year old boy they have settled really well into school life, i know yours are a little older but i'm sure they will be fine, not sure about hubby's trade but if you try a search i'm sure someone will know more than i do but if i'm right he will need a licence to work, all very strange when your a qualified man i know but thats aussie rules.
Best of luck with whatever you decide to do Tracey xx

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 1st 2007 at 1:51 pm. Reason: editing quoted post