Reload this Page >

Advice for law student!!

Advice for law student!!

Old Dec 28th 2006, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Angie2 will become famous soon enoughAngie2 will become famous soon enough
Smile Advice for law student!!

Hi,
Hoping to move to OZ after qualifying as a solicitor here in the UK, unsure of where yet. Coming over to travel round for 4 weeks next year. Intend to work for a few years once qualified here in the UK before moving so I hopefully stand a better chance of getting a job.

I'd be grateful for any advice from UK solicitors who have moved to OZ..... - can't seem to find any info on the internet - trying to find out what the prospects are for family solicitors......
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:48 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for law student!!

Originally Posted by Angie2
Hi,
Hoping to move to OZ after qualifying as a solicitor here in the UK, unsure of where yet. Coming over to travel round for 4 weeks next year. Intend to work for a few years once qualified here in the UK before moving so I hopefully stand a better chance of getting a job.

I'd be grateful for any advice from UK solicitors who have moved to OZ..... - can't seem to find any info on the internet - trying to find out what the prospects are for family solicitors......
Cant help ya BUT there are heaps on here that have gone to Aus with UK quals. I believe there are a few blocks of the state law exams you will have to do though to qualify. Do a search on the lifestyle forum and you should get the answers or at least the contacts of the peeps on here who have/are doing/done it.

Oh and check how much work experience you will need to get the visa