Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on cost of 40ft container

Advice on cost of 40ft container

Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice
Default Advice on cost of 40ft container

Hi All
Looking for comments on the quotes I have for sole use of 40ft container (my house & sisters, picking up from my house). We have been told it will be 3/4 full and these are the quotes:
Scotmove 5600 local company guy was in & out in 5 mins. No reviews on here but they do a lot of international moves however quote doesn't cover some fees .

Crown 6700, came down from 7800 using third party in Australia.

PSS 6200 first quote, if I went back to them are they likely to lower quote, I hate haggling.

None of these include insurance, was thinking of only insuring partly as it is so expensive.

My gut instinct is PSS but unsure if I should get another quote from say Anglo Pacific or Doree Bonner.

Prices are in pounds (only dollar sign on my phone) from Scotland to Brisbane. Would appreciate any advice on these prices from anyone in the know.

Thanks in advance
Nicola
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Advice on cost of 40ft container

Hi we have just had PSS quote, waiting on others, and ours was £7900 that does include a motorcycle and ours will be 3/4 full with sole use going from Cornwall to Busselton WA.

So yours looks good to me but I would love to here from others who have gone the 40ft route.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Can't comment on the container cost, as it was sometime since I moved from the UK. However, for insurance try going direct to insurers, I have just returned from Oz to Scotland and insured a 20ft container with goods being valued at £38000 for £270 with Letton Percival. Plenty of threads on here on this subject.

Good Luck
Old Jun 17th 2011, 6:07 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njbrown
Hi All
Looking for comments on the quotes I have for sole use of 40ft container (my house & sisters, picking up from my house). We have been told it will be 3/4 full and these are the quotes:
Scotmove 5600 local company guy was in & out in 5 mins. No reviews on here but they do a lot of international moves however quote doesn't cover some fees .

Crown 6700, came down from 7800 using third party in Australia.

PSS 6200 first quote, if I went back to them are they likely to lower quote, I hate haggling.

None of these include insurance, was thinking of only insuring partly as it is so expensive.

My gut instinct is PSS but unsure if I should get another quote from say Anglo Pacific or Doree Bonner.

Prices are in pounds (only dollar sign on my phone) from Scotland to Brisbane. Would appreciate any advice on these prices from anyone in the know.

Thanks in advance
Nicola
Make sure that you know if the AQIS fees are included or not, Crown tend to include, not sure about the others. I had sole use of 40 ft too, and used Crown after a haggle with PSS as the alternative. Crown were not the cheapest but the main selling point with them is it was Crown from start to finish so there are no arguments as to whose fault it is if something is broken.
DO not use them for insurance - use Letton Percival (you need to call them their website is hopeless)
Very happy with Crown and would use them again
Old Jun 17th 2011, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

JohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really nice

Originally Posted by njbrown
Hi All
Looking for comments on the quotes I have for sole use of 40ft container
Thanks in advance
Nicola
Here's the lowest quote we've had, excluding insurance.
Moving from Ledbury, Herefordshire to Sydney from Hunts International based in Redditch....here's what they said...

"Then later on next year for removals to Australia ourcosts for 500 cubic feet ( 1/2 a container ) to Sydney door to door will be £2612.00 ( VAT is ZERO )

For a full container door to door will be £4081.00 ( VATis ZERO )"
Really good I think.
John