Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice about Dubai Hotels

Advice about Dubai Hotels

Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about Dubai Hotels

Originally Posted by jopaulss
We stopped over in Dubai when we came out to migrate 2 and a half years ago. Stopped in a fantastic hotel, it had a ice rink in the centre along with shops, cafes etc etc. Very expensive from what i remember, we stopped for 2 nights, daughter was so ill from something she probably picked up from plane or airport, so didnt leave hotel sadly. Cant remember the name of it , sorry. Emirates flight was good, but as said in a previous thread we hadnt been told we would lose our 40kg, so flew out of birmingham with a 40kg allowance, that was fine, stopped over for the 2 days , went back to airport and got stuped for excess baggage i was mad, sat in a office protesting, mind you it didnt get me anywhere. But in defence of Emirates i wrote to them when we arrived and explained the situation and they refunded us the excess baggage charge. My sister in law had also ordered a cake through them to be presented to us on the plane, we didnt get that either !!!! But all in all the flight was good, dubai was great (what we saw) hotel great, very expensive, but well worth it.
Joanne
Probably the Hyatt Regency - Yes they have a very nice ice skating rink.

When we went by Emirates in Jul 2002, they were overbooked and offloaded us, so my husband kicked a huge fuss. To compensate, they gave us 4 return tickets to Melbourne free. The next flight was also full, so we travelled to Singapore by Emirates the next morning, then they put us on Singapore Airlines Business class to Melbourne!!.
It does'nt end there, when we arrived in Melbourne, they misplaced all our luggage (was sent to Sydney), located after two days. So we got about $ 200 a day, to buy clothes and stuff.
All in all a very nice trip, and a free trip the following year!!!

IG
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
We stopped over in Dubai in January and stayed at the Jemeria Beach, like you we thought 'once in a lifetime, won't make a habit of it ...' and we can honestly say it was the best hotel we have ever stayed in the staff were so friendly and accommodating nothing was too much trouble. We have two kids 4 and 6 and this hotel runs a kids club from 9am - 9pm (obviously you don't need to leave them there all that time - you come and go as you please) FREE OF CHARGE!!! and they feed them free as well!! So there's a saving. Also, if you do decide to stay here, when you arrive ask for an upgrade to a larger room/suite because of the kids. We got upgraded to a 3 bed suite with a balcony/terrace overlooking Wet N Wild (another must do). Staying in the JB also means you can get a free buggy ride to the Burj Al Arab, I know people who have stayed elsewhere in Dubai and have been refused entry because they are non-residents. The JB is a sister hotel of the B A A so no problems getting in, and you don't need to buy drinks or eat there but its a great place to go and have a look around. Take your video camara with you the reception area is awesome.

The hotel has a great playground for the kids and in the restaurant they have their own eating area with kiddies tables and chairs, play stations, crayons etc. It really is a child friendly hotel.

Have you joined Emirates Skyward Club? With the distance you will be flying it'll be worth it. This hotel is part of it so you can also earn points by staying there. Have I convinced you yet, or just talked myself into another visit

Sounds fantastic, do you know what age the kids club starts, our youngest will only be 16 months... would be great to have some free time..

Thanks for the tip on joining the Skyward club, will go on line and do it today... or can you wait until you have booked the tickets?

thanks

Julie
Old Apr 30th 2005, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Sounds fantastic, do you know what age the kids club starts, our youngest will only be 16 months... would be great to have some free time..

Thanks for the tip on joining the Skyward club, will go on line and do it today... or can you wait until you have booked the tickets?

thanks

Julie
Sorry can't remember what age the kids club starts, but it is at least 3 years because I'm sure I remember children in there younger than my little boy who is 4. Check the web site, http://www.jumeirahbeachhotel.com/ I have looked but it does't say anything about age restrictions. There is a contact number so you could give them a ring.

As regards the Skywards Club we joined when we got to the airport, just filled out the necessary paper work. Big hint though, if you sign up for their newsletter via internet, they do have special offers on, like book before such and such a date and get an extra 10,000 points. Although, booking through a cheaper agency may make it more cost effective, swings and roundabouts, but nice to be kept up to date with the offers. By the way it doesn't matter who you book your tickets with (as long as you fly Emirates of course) you get your points. We booked with Ebookers and still got the points.

WHEEZY