Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ADF Laterals - Next Posting

ADF Laterals - Next Posting

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Forestty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADF Laterals - Next Posting

Am just wondering what other ADF laterals experiences are with their first postings in Oz. I ask because there are quite a few of us here who have been due for postings this year (having done 2 years in their first location), but have been told we've got to stay another year.

A few Aussie friends who were due for postings but didn't get them, threatened to discharge and miraculously got their postings!

I am grateful for coming over here and am not trying to sound ungrateful but am just trying to find out what other laterals experiences are. I've also been told that I may not get posted next year even!

Thanks.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:29 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADF Laterals - Next Posting

Originally Posted by Forestty
Am just wondering what other ADF laterals experiences are with their first postings in Oz. I ask because there are quite a few of us here who have been due for postings this year (having done 2 years in their first location), but have been told we've got to stay another year.

A few Aussie friends who were due for postings but didn't get them, threatened to discharge and miraculously got their postings!

I am grateful for coming over here and am not trying to sound ungrateful but am just trying to find out what other laterals experiences are. I've also been told that I may not get posted next year even!

Thanks.
There may not be a vacancy where you want to go?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

paul.joanne.fraser is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
Hi, can you give me some information regarding your first posting via the ADF lateral transfer. I have had an offer of service and am due for telephone interview shortly(any pointers) then i hope to be offered the transfer. I am looking at Amberley Air Base (any comments?) or Richmond Air Base. Any information will come in handy. Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

Thanks.
Forestty

Though i am not in a position to help with your request, I wondered if you could help with mine? I am in the process of transferring over. Have visa and flights are booked provisionally.

Have sent of the application forms for housing and was really after your experience of housing when you got there and any other tips or gems that you may have for a lateral due to fly on the 12 Jan 09. initial posting is to Enogerra, Brisbane.

PM me with reply if that is more suitable.

Regards

Mark
Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

alan_blue is an unknown quantity at this point

this could be a great thread for laterals if everyon eposts up. I am in the middle of the application procces at the mo with visas being proccessed and just security checks to do, any advice on these checks?

I was led to beleive with ref to the postings you could stay in one place for your career? are you not happy in your current location?

regards
al
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:29 am
Just Joined

rabbitstew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkandS
Forestty

Though i am not in a position to help with your request, I wondered if you could help with mine? I am in the process of transferring over. Have visa and flights are booked provisionally.

Have sent of the application forms for housing and was really after your experience of housing when you got there and any other tips or gems that you may have for a lateral due to fly on the 12 Jan 09. initial posting is to Enogerra, Brisbane.

PM me with reply if that is more suitable.

Regards

Mark
Hi Mark,
My OH is in Enogerra we came across in July 07. We live about 5k away from the Camp in Mcdowall witch is a new est, but did have a look at a couple of houses and from what i saw were heaps better than anythink i had in the uk. If you need any thing then please give a shout.

Tracey
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:03 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

We are in the same position as forestty. We arrived Feb 07 and were due for posting Dec 08 (according to PMkeys. We have also been told by SCMA that we will not be going anywhere this year as there is nobody to take over his job, either being deployed or threatening to discharge if they come down here. In our experience of people down here if you whinge (whether Aussie or UK), you will generally get what you want! There does not seem to be any reward for accepting what SCMA says and "sucking it up" for another year!

Husband has got his SCMA interview in October and will be trying to see what they have in mind for him next year. Is even thinking about a corps transfer as Armoured seem to generally move every 2 years from here!

We shall see!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Bloke
There may not be a vacancy where you want to go?
There are vacancies for me but no one wants to come here.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alan_blue
this could be a great thread for laterals if everyon eposts up. I am in the middle of the application procces at the mo with visas being proccessed and just security checks to do, any advice on these checks?

I was led to beleive with ref to the postings you could stay in one place for your career? are you not happy in your current location?

regards
al
i have just reached the point where would like to move on. have heard of other people who have spent many years in one posting so guess it would depend where you are posted and whether you are with transport, inf etc.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

Originally Posted by rabbitstew
Hi Mark,
My OH is in Enogerra we came across in July 07. We live about 5k away from the Camp in Mcdowall witch is a new est, but did have a look at a couple of houses and from what i saw were heaps better than anythink i had in the uk. If you need any thing then please give a shout.

Tracey
Tracey

My wife has sent you a PM.

Regards
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Managed to speak to my scma guy. bascically no chance at going anywhere this year and said also and i quote "i should be grateful to be over here"!

Not gonna win this one
Old Aug 9th 2008, 9:38 am
Stuart and Carolann

stu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant future

Hi,
I arrived in Australia in Jun 06, and like many was originally posted to Darwin. After 18 months I managed to get a posting and my Career Manager offered me 4 locations, Toowoomba, Tamworth, Queenscliff, or the Gold Coast. No brainer for me, Gold Coast it was. I was lucky and it depends on your qualifications. However, try sending your Career Manager a letter explaining why you want to move.

Stuart