Reload this Page >

Plumbers, gas engineers , other trades coming to Oz

Plumbers, gas engineers , other trades coming to Oz

Old Aug 9th 2008, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

leave_n_on_a_Jet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbers, gas engineers , other trades coming to Oz

If your going to need a licence and australian qualification to work in Oz

One of the most helpful things i can advise you to do is collect evidence of prior work in the same field, eg video of you doing related work or some pics, they seem to prefer 10 min videos. dont for get H&S and PPE etc.

You can use this as prior learing so you dont have to do all the units to gain the qualification.

You can check what units you would be requried to learn before getting the qualification by going to the tafe website and searching what ever trade your going to do.

Also bring checkable references etc.

To get the cert 3 for example as a plumber allows you to get a plumbers licence to work for someone else, to gain this all you have to do is an interview as in the uk and do some missing units then they give you the Cert 3 no exam $327 per term, if you were starting from scratch it would take 3 years to get Cert 3 with an exam.

If you havent done any welding (plumbers) maybe an idea to try and learn a bit in the uk before you leave the uk, as i could weld my unit in mechanical services only lasted about 5 days where as the others that had never done it took 3 months - 6 months. If you dont know anyone who as one hire one for a week and get the feel of it.

James