Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

adelaide suburbs

adelaide suburbs

Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:52 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: adelaide suburbs

[QUOTE=Vash the Stampede;And if the "south suburb snobs" still want to lord it over us, may I draw their attention to Hackham and Hackham West...? [/QUOTE]

Vash they have changed the name of Hackam to Huntsfield heights unfortunatly they feral element are still there.........mm

Last edited by mr mover; Mar 30th 2008 at 12:58 am. Reason: up date
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:34 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deryans
missed the East , but I hear what you are saying, Burnside nor Unley are not particularly welcoming burbs compared to the rest
I never understand why people are so dismissive of the eastern suburbs. We lived there for 6 months when we first arrived and my 3 girls attend excellent state schools there. 95% of our friends are australians who live in the eastern suburbs and they are among the most welcoming, friendly, non-judgemental, supportive people I have met.
We chose to move, purely because we wanted to be closer to the beach, but our friendships remain as strong as ever.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Kristo has a spectacular aura aboutKristo has a spectacular aura aboutKristo has a spectacular aura about

I agree with the above. The eastern suburbs are very nice. True they are not cheap in general, but don't dismiss them without at least having a look.

I tend to lean towards a more modest house in a 'sought after' location. It's different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mr mover
Unless you have a million+ to buy a House.......and can put up with the Bottle blondes and the bluerinse set............mm
Tee hee hee , my sentiments exactly Mr Mover!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deryans
Tee hee hee , my sentiments exactly Mr Mover!
To be honest I have a very different impression.
You can buy a decent house for much less than a million.
These areas are very racially mixed with a lot of East Asian and Indian families.
Good schools, practically no graffiti.
We have bought a house for 500k, proper double brick, nice block of land, sea views, quiet No Through street.
Out of 11 houses on the street 3 Ozzie families, 1 Italian, 2 Indian and 4 Chinese.
Neighbours look after each other.
Love living here.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

blaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant future

hello all we are hoping to move to adelaide in June/July Aberfoyle park how BIG are the spiders then..........
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blaengirl
hello all we are hoping to move to adelaide in June/July Aberfoyle park how BIG are the spiders then..........
Won't be that many around in June - tooooooooooo cold!
Had a huntman in my laundry room the size of my hand. Wet myself!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

blaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant futureblaengirl has a brilliant future

was that in aberfoyle park or are they everywhere in adelaide I think I need to do lots more research.How long have you been in oz?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:20 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
To be honest the best bet is to jump in a car when you arrive and just drive around. When you find the area that's for you you'll know it.
i'd second this! Adelaide is small enough to be able to easily drive around and if you allow yourseves a couple of weeks you can have a good look at most of the suburbs ... you will soon get a feel for the areas that are right for you
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Where did you choose in the end ?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:45 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Where did you choose in the end ?
After a LOT of looking we have ended up in Tea Tree Gully in the North East.

We would have loved to be near the sea but we couldnt have afforded to buy much of a house on the coast and the areas a short distance inland didnt appeal.
To the south we liked Stirling and Aldgate but decided against living in the hills. Flagstaff Hill was also lovely but quite expensive.

In the East we liked Norwood and the surrounding areas and these are lovely if you are looking for suburb living but we wanted a larger block in a more rural setting.

The north east worked best for us ... more reasonable house prices, larger houses and blocks for your money, good schools, leafy with lots of open areas, close to hills but still reasonable to the beach, half an hour into the city centre ... we just kept our options open and looked at several suburbs until we found the right house.

Tiggs
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

How far away is that from Aberfoyle park ?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:25 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

tea tree gully too AB park 40 mins..........mm
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:19 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by mr mover
tea tree gully too AB park 40 mins..........mm
MM If you are getting from AP to TTG in 40 mins you have been speeding

AP about 40 mins south of CBD
TTG about 30 mins north east of CBD
you can probably cut off a bit of time by going around the city but i would doubt you can manage it in less than an hour.

T x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
MM If you are getting from AP to TTG in 40 mins you have been speeding

AP about 40 mins south of CBD
TTG about 30 mins north east of CBD
you can probably cut off a bit of time by going around the city but i would doubt you can manage it in less than an hour.

T x

My SatNav say's it's 50km's from one to the other on 'quickest route', so you'd be looking at about 45 mins to a hour and half depending on traffic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.