Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

adelaide suburbs

adelaide suburbs

Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

wanderer1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default adelaide suburbs

Trying to research info on suburbs in Adelaide, does anyone know of any websites that will tell you - the good, the bad & the ugly etc.

Many thanks
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Default Re: adelaide suburbs

Hiya,

I will be interested in the replies to your thread, we too are looking to move to Adelaide this summer (if the house sells !!).

Donna & Pete.
x
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this for starters.
http://adelaide-brits.com/forum/index.php

Then go into "The Reading Room" and Suburbs. At the top of the next page is "Archives".

Happy Reading.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: adelaide suburbs

try www.OzBurbs.com wendy and other adeladians write about the surrounding areas which may be of interest. have you tried the adelaidebrits forum and pomsinadelaide too. just trying to help as we leave for adelaide on the 11th june and have been trying like mad to research areas we could afford to buy in the future with good schools etc and have found direct experiences and views helpful.

hth
kathx
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice
Smile Re: adelaide suburbs

Hi there, my sister lives in Adelaide and has done for the past 9 years. Her husband is from Glasgow originally but his family emigrated there when he was only 12.

We are in the process of waiting on a reply for a student visa to go and live in Adelaide too, and here are a list of the areas my sister has told me that she would live in, she lives in modbury heights and has a 3 bedroom house with a pool that she owns she used to live in salisbury east a few years ago, hope this helps:

Gulfview heights
Modbury
modbury north
modbury heights
ridgehaven
surrey downs
Fairview park
Golden grove
Mawson lakes
Wynn vale
Greenwith
Salisbury east
Salisbury heights

Sharon
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

http://www.adelaidebound.com/housing.htm

This is a good site.

We have friends in Wynn Vale and they love it there.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:04 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderer1970
Trying to research info on suburbs in Adelaide, does anyone know of any websites that will tell you - the good, the bad & the ugly etc.

Many thanks
try here
http://www.domain.com.au/public/apm/....aspx?mode=buy
.............mm
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:22 pm
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

I can't comment about all of the Adelaide suburbs, but when we were in Adelaide last summer we visited some of our family in Mawson lakes. It was very like any new english town - there were very large houses on moderately small plots - in fact, my cousin was advised to have any structural work done in the back garden before their house was built because after the house was built there would be no space to get any machinery into the back yard. In fact their lawn mower would need to be taken through their house to mow the front lawn. This is only true for their house and I can't comment on any others. However when we visited we struggled for parking, due to the number of residents cars on the roads - I suggest you investigate this to make your own decisions. Good luck to y'all

Mr & Mrs PHH.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaddyHaHa
I can't comment about all of the Adelaide suburbs, but when we were in Adelaide last summer we visited some of our family in Mawson lakes. It was very like any new english town - there were very large houses on moderately small plots - in fact, my cousin was advised to have any structural work done in the back garden before their house was built because after the house was built there would be no space to get any machinery into the back yard. In fact their lawn mower would need to be taken through their house to mow the front lawn. This is only true for their house and I can't comment on any others. However when we visited we struggled for parking, due to the number of residents cars on the roads - I suggest you investigate this to make your own decisions. Good luck to y'all

Mr & Mrs PHH.
I lived there when we arrived, maybe I know your rellies?

I'll PM you where I lived
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

cbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nice

live in mclarenvale about 40 min drive from city, I would not live in mawson lakes as too contrived or salisbury as a bit wild there are good suburbs try unley, burnside if coming with sterling .Stirling is lovely. Mount barker is getting popular. depends how much you want to travel to city.Strathalbyn isalso great. Hallett cove is popular with british as 30 min from city good train links and 5 min from beach.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

isnt it strange how people view areas. i am a working class girl, but would never think of living in those areas. aberyfole, happy valley, blackwood, flagstaff, coromandol etc are great
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest the best bet is to jump in a car when you arrive and just drive around. When you find the area that's for you you'll know it.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:55 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbeeb
live in mclarenvale about 40 min drive from city, I would not live in mawson lakes as too contrived or salisbury as a bit wild there are good suburbs try unley, burnside if coming with sterling .Stirling is lovely. Mount barker is getting popular. depends how much you want to travel to city.Strathalbyn isalso great. Hallett cove is popular with british as 30 min from city good train links and 5 min from beach.
Salisbury ......."a bit wild" I guess you have never been to Salisbury.....mm
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in Woodcroft and that was nice. Pretty quite and good Primary School and nursery.

South of Adelaide, really easy to get to from anywhere.

LibbyX
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cbeeb
Just thought I'd point out that Hallett Cove is nice, but its a good 40mins to city when traffic isn't bad and it's getting busier! It's beach is stoney but just a 10/15min drive to sandy christies beach or 15mins to Seacliff/Brighton.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.