Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Schools

Adelaide Schools

Old Mar 13th 2017, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

RhiC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide Schools

Hi. Am just after some advise on good schools in the Adelaide area, preferably south / west. Unsure whether public or private at this stage, as I can't find much information on private fees to compare, but of course the rating of the school is my first priority. If Adelaide folk here have any tips, they are much appreciated. Thank you.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Fardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Adelaide Schools

I would suggest looking at:

https://www.myschool.edu.au/ - general school comparison based on standardised tests called NAPLAN

Australia : Private School Fees and Costs | Exfin - The Australian Expatriate's Gateway - these provide an indication of private school fees at the most prestigious (i.e. costly schools in Adelaide), largely eastern suburbs. Good schools south and west include Westminster College and Immanuel College, at least in terms of reputation. Catholic schools will be substantially cheaper but I cant provide any figures.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:24 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RhiC
Hi. Am just after some advise on good schools in the Adelaide area, preferably south / west. Unsure whether public or private at this stage, as I can't find much information on private fees to compare, but of course the rating of the school is my first priority. If Adelaide folk here have any tips, they are much appreciated. Thank you.
Primary or high school?

Adelaide's public school are, generally speaking, pretty good. I know some people prefer to do public school for primary then move to a private school for high school, especially if there is a particular speciality. Both of ours have been in public primary and one is now going to public high school. Not sure with the younger one but she still has 2 yrs before high school.

Location will be quite key as the further south you go, outside of the metro area, the fewer high school options there are.

Westminster has a good reputation but has some of the highest fees
Old Mar 18th 2017, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

As already said you don't mention the ages of your children or just how far south of Adelaide you mean. A bit more information would help the replies. South could mean Unley or Noarlunga!