Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide real estate agencie [SA]

Adelaide real estate agencie [SA]

Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Adelaide real estate agencie [SA]

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion of their experiences with Adelaide real estate agencies, good ones and ones to avoid. At the moment, we are looking at the Plympton/Marion area (it does seem to change daily) but as we change our minds so often and I am sure people are sick of reading my posts any advice for all areas of Adelaide (for about a 15km radius of the centre) and any areas of the Adelaide Hills that cover areas for house of approx £300 000. (I am not expecting any in this price range really....but we can hope)

We have looked at the usual site www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au etc but would like to now start dealing with agencies themselves.

Thanks for you time
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide real estate agencie [SA]

Hello

I lived at Plympton for several years and can recommend it. It's really handy
for the city (I used to live near the tram line which was ideal for working in the city) and 5 mins from Glenelg and the beach.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Thanks for that, I used to visit that area every year when I was a kid I just wish I could remember it. Did you "like" the are though?

Thanks again

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Hello

I lived at Plympton for several years and can recommend it. It's really handy
for the city (I used to live near the tram line which was ideal for working in the city) and 5 mins from Glenelg and the beach.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion of their experiences with Adelaide real estate agencies, good ones and ones to avoid. At the moment, we are looking at the Plympton/Marion area (it does seem to change daily) but as we change our minds so often and I am sure people are sick of reading my posts any advice for all areas of Adelaide (for about a 15km radius of the centre) and any areas of the Adelaide Hills that cover areas for house of approx £300 000. (I am not expecting any in this price range really....but we can hope)

We have looked at the usual site www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au etc but would like to now start dealing with agencies themselves.

Thanks for you time
We bought our house through Sandray Berry Real Estate. We were mote than happy with her, didn't feel pressured and was generally a good all round experience.

Before you start speaking to real estate agents, get an idea of what you want and write it down as a set of ten bullet points. Then send this list to as many agents as you want and tell them to find properties that match it. Make the agents earn their money! Some of what you'll get back won't be anything like what's on your list, but it will save a lot of traipsing around open inspections.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jan 16th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that........I am starting to get a list together now.

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
We bought our house through Sandray Berry Real Estate. We were mote than happy with her, didn't feel pressured and was generally a good all round experience.

Before you start speaking to real estate agents, get an idea of what you want and write it down as a set of ten bullet points. Then send this list to as many agents as you want and tell them to find properties that match it. Make the agents earn their money! Some of what you'll get back won't be anything like what's on your list, but it will save a lot of traipsing around open inspections.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by seayork2002; Jan 16th 2009 at 8:53 pm. Reason: Spelling