Reload this Page >

Adelaide here we come

Adelaide here we come

Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

simon C K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide here we come

Hello everyone
We are a family of 5 - mum,dad [me] and 3 sons 14, 18 & 20 [although 18 year old is uncertain about staying in oz] We are moving over to Adelaide in July this year, we are so excited and nervous of course!
I have a job working in print when we get there but the missus will be looking for work in childcare, she is very well qualified in this area and is working at management level here in the uk.
Not sure how her qualifications will translate over in oz though.
I am really into music - being an indie-dad, I love the variety of music channels over here and going to gigs etc, there seems to be quite a vibrant music scene going on over in Melbourne but I'm not sure about Adelaide.
Also can anyone tell me if there are digital radio broadcasts over in Adelaide?
Should I bring my digi radio with me?
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:59 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide here we come

Originally Posted by simon C K
Hello everyone
We are a family of 5 - mum,dad [me] and 3 sons 14, 18 & 20 [although 18 year old is uncertain about staying in oz] We are moving over to Adelaide in July this year, we are so excited and nervous of course!
I have a job working in print when we get there but the missus will be looking for work in childcare, she is very well qualified in this area and is working at management level here in the uk.
I am really into music - being an indie-dad, I love the variety of music channels over here and going to gigs etc, there seems to be quite a vibrant music scene going on over in Melbourne but I'm not sure about Adelaide.
when the adelaide folk arise mate they will help you out im sure.

we are hoping to go later on this year.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone

Hi,

I can't help with the music stuff but this may interest you http://www.abc.net.au/radio/digital/

For the child care thing see http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/ they'll be able to help you if the answers aren't on the site.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
when the adelaide folk arise mate they will help you out im sure.

we are hoping to go later on this year.
are you going to Adelaide?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi,

I can't help with the music stuff but this may interest you http://www.abc.net.au/radio/digital/

For the child care thing see http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/ they'll be able to help you if the answers aren't on the site.
Thanks Wendy I will check these sites out, BE is beginning to work its magic already!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they are
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:38 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we are........as soon as we get the 136 that is.

Cnt wait its getting to the point that every day in the Uk is a day too long!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes we are........as soon as we get the 136 that is.

Cnt wait its getting to the point that every day in the Uk is a day too long!!!!

You'll get there

It seem's to take forever while you're waiting but when you get here time flies It's quite strange
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:50 am
Loving it in SA

You'll get there

It seem's to take forever while you're waiting but when you get here time flies It's quite strange
Well we aint even sent it !!!!

lol.

Just waiting on two lil kids passports.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:51 am
Loving it in SA

lol.

Been looking at some places out there southside my mate lives in Eden hills.

Some v nice places out that way and very affordable.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:54 am
Just Joined

lol.

We have got visas sorted but just waiting for our son to complete his A levels, leaving the UK 2nd July!
Have you areas in mind for when you settle in Adelaide?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:56 am
Loving it in SA

We have got visas sorted but just waiting for our son to complete his A levels, leaving the UK 2nd July!
Have you areas in mind for when you settle in Adelaide?
see above post.

thats great your going in Jult hopefully we will be off not too far into the second half of the year.

gotta go now back to work eeeeeuuurrrggghh.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

see above post.

thats great your going in Jult hopefully we will be off not too far into the second half of the year.

gotta go now back to work eeeeeuuurrrggghh.
Oh no!
Our main headache is getting an honset assement of schools for our 14 year old, then we can decide where to look and live!
The school web sites are all very impressive of course, oh and they never respond to emails, I guess we will just have to ring them.
Listen to me - winging pom already!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh no!
Our main headache is getting an honset assement of schools for our 14 year old, then we can decide where to look and live!
The school web sites are all very impressive of course, oh and they never respond to emails, I guess we will just have to ring them.
Listen to me - winging pom already!

Best advice for you both is to rent for a while and check out the schools. They are all so different it's hard to decide from e-mails. You really need to visit and see which you like best.

You get three months from arriving to getting them in schools, the more popular ones are full though and you sometimes need to be in the area to enrol.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Best advice for you both is to rent for a while and check out the schools. They are all so different it's hard to decide from e-mails. You really need to visit and see which you like best.

You get three months from arriving to getting them in schools, the more popular ones are full though and you sometimes need to be in the area to enrol.
This is our problem Wendy, it would be nice to know which schools are full just to narrow it down a little, don't relly want to be moving about from property to property [and I think its getting difficult to get rentals as well!]
Most of the schools take from zones, so obviously we need to be in the correct zone etc, etc...Ive heard lots of good thiings about Brighton High School so I suspect that one is full. I will just have to make some calls a little nearer. Its swings and round-a-bouts, plus I'm a born worrier [Capricorn trait I think]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.