Adelaide

Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:43 am
Just Joined

carolk2475 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Adelaide

Hi,

I'm moving to Adealide early February on a student visa.
I'm only 20 and was wondering what everyone's views of the place ar and how easy it will be to meet people.

Any help would be much appreciated

C x
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide

Hi!

We're headed for Adelaide and have found Adelaidebrits forum very useful!

http://z2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx

There are a few students on there starting at the same time as you.

Not actually being there yet myself, I can't be much more help, but hope to see you there sometime!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:43 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolk2475
Hi,

I'm only 20 and was wondering what everyone's views of the place ar and how easy it will be to meet people.

C x
Hi there were off to Adelaide too in april.

check out Adelaide bound, some really good anmd useful info on there.
There are lots of ppl on here who will offer you lots of info.

Good luck.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolk2475
Hi,

C x
ive been in adelaide now for 8 weeks so anything you want to ask...fire away and hope i can help
as for meeting people ...all the expats site are good for meeting poms just get chatting then meet up for a beer ect as for aussie ect..its just like back home say hello
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

I came to Adelaide when I was 20 (in 1990) and found it very difficult to meet people my own age. I see you're off to Uni though so that'll be great for you to meet people and these expat web sites are brilliant! I wish they'd been around when I first got here!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:04 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Not sure if you may find it a bit quiet we love the laid back atmosphere, but not sure when I was younger if I would of been so keen!!

But sure with you going to Uni meeting people wont be hard and then creating your own social life will probably be quite easy to!!

Good luck!!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to start my TAFE course in Adelaide in Feb too.

When I was on my year out when I was 20 (not THAT long ago) we worked in a hostel in Glenelg. It was one with a bar and there was an English uni student working there (she lived elsewhere though). It seemed a very good way to meet people of around that age and have a laugh at the same time, ohh and earn some lovely money.
I would imagin there would be a few hostels in the centre of Adelaide with bars. Worth considering.

Good luck