Adelaide

Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

sparkeygirl will become famous soon enough
Smile Adelaide

Hi,

My husband and I (I feel like the queen lol) are thinking of moving to Adelaide. We have just filled in our forms and sent them off to the Visa Bureau. I am a primary teacher and he will graduate this year.

We are hoping to go to Adelaide this year to see what it's like. Can anyone recommend any areas that would be good to live in. We intend to get a car and check out the areas that we might rent in first and then possibly buy. Any help would be really great.

Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:55 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Adelaide

Originally Posted by sparkeygirl
Hi,

My husband and I (I feel like the queen lol) are thinking of moving to Adelaide. We have just filled in our forms and sent them off to the Visa Bureau. I am a primary teacher and he will graduate this year.

We are hoping to go to Adelaide this year to see what it's like. Can anyone recommend any areas that would be good to live in. We intend to get a car and check out the areas that we might rent in first and then possibly buy. Any help would be really great.

Thanks
Hi,

We are off to Adelaide and I've been told that the best places to live - -if you want some acreage, but still close to the cbd, - -are Bridgewater, Crafers, Crafers west, Piccadilly and Uraidla. They are not modern and have a bit of character.

The prices are up a bit to other places :scared: , but they are really nice areas to live and bring up families.

If you fancy estate living then Modbury and Magill are supposed to be good too.

xRachx
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide

Hi,

Thanks
Have been told that it's very hard to get a Teaching jobs in Adelaide, by teachers who live there. Think carefully about your destination and do lots of research
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:04 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
have a look on here. http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits .............. mm
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:09 am
Just Joined

philip2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks
When are you thinking off coming to Adelaide ?
We live in Glenelg East and are pretty happy here. Nice area ,close to the beach, shopping, and handy for the tram to the city.
We would consider renting out our house for 7 weeks . mid August onwards, fully furnished if your interested.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Arrived back from Adelaide yesterday. Loved Mount Barker and surrounding area and looking to live there eventually.

Not so keen on north of city (Elizabeth and similar) - schools not so good and looks less cared for.

We actually went and looked round some open properties in different areas - would recommend! Shows you what you get for your dollar and, some cases, what good photographers the agents are (a 10m pool looked Olympic sized in the photo!!!). There is a free mag every Friday available from any estate agency. Most openings on the weekend.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:26 am
Just Joined

leewebb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by philip2005
When are you thinking off coming to Adelaide ?
We live in Glenelg East and are pretty happy here. Nice area ,close to the beach, shopping, and handy for the tram to the city.
We would consider renting out our house for 7 weeks . mid August onwards, fully furnished if your interested.
Hi,

I'm moving to Adelaide at the start of June and would love to live near the beaches. I've been reading about Glenelg and am curious about it.
I'll be working in the city centre so obviously public transport is high on my list, but I that won't be a problem with Glenelg with the tram.
However, as a resident there, could you describe the type of accomodation there (in terms of both renting and buying), and why you chose there rather than the other beach areas (is it just a temporary thing or permanent)?

Cheers,
Lee.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

pink lady will become famous soon enough

we're moving to Adelaide in September. We're looking at houses on the coast - Glenelg/Brighton area - definitley recommended as all my husband's family live there! Very easy to commute in to town by train or tram.

Hi,

Thanks
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:50 am
Just Joined

philip2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leewebb
Hi,
Hi,
We chose Glenelg because we wanted a place with a bit of a holiday atmosphere, where you can walk to the pub, shops, beach etc. Its also handy for public transport to the city as you mentioned.The other beach areas are ok, We had a look at Henley and Brighton, nice in summer but dead in the winter months.
We have bought a house in Glenelg so I guess we're permenant.
There is a wide variety of accommodation. you can rent or buy almost any kind of property, but furnished houses are hard to find as rentals.
I think the best thing to do initially is to get a motel for a week or two and get a feel for the place.

Good Luck

I'm moving to Adelaide at the start of June and would love to live near the beaches. I've been reading about Glenelg and am curious about it.
I'll be working in the city centre so obviously public transport is high on my list, but I that won't be a problem with Glenelg with the tram.
However, as a resident there, could you describe the type of accomodation there (in terms of both renting and buying), and why you chose there rather than the other beach areas (is it just a temporary thing or permanent)?

Cheers,
Lee.