Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

address for visa application

address for visa application

Old Jun 18th 2003, 10:18 am
port kennedy dec 2003

carolerussell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default address for visa application

Can anyone please tell me the address where I send my visa application form to in London. I have down loaded the application form from the internet and there isn't an address on the form. Thank you.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

What type of visa are you applying for as there are only a few that can be lodged in London.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 10:28 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: address for visa application

Originally posted by carolerussell
Can anyone please tell me the address where I send my visa application form to in London. I have down loaded the application form from the internet and there isn't an address on the form. Thank you.
Hi

the address you send your form to is dependant on which visa you are applying for. For example, a skilled independant visa will have to be posted to the Adeliade Skills Processing Centre. I believe a spouse visa will go to Australia House, London, and there are a few other centres (I think) in Australia that some forms go to.

These are only the ones for Australia, and New Zealand addresses are, of course, different.

Please could you tell us which visa you are applying for, and for which country?

regards

Mel
Old Jun 18th 2003, 3:08 pm
port kennedy dec 2003

I am sending for a buisiness visa for perth Australia. I have got a job as a nurse in perth and I have been told to apply for the buisiness visa.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 3:16 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

I am sending for a buisiness visa for perth Australia. I have got a job as a nurse in perth and I have been told to apply for the buisiness visa.

I may be wrong (and no doubt someone will correct me if I am) but I think that if you are going over to Australia to become an employee, and not to start a business, then you have to apply for a skilled visa, and not a business visa.

It may be worth checking this out with a migration expert before you proceed, just to be completely sure.

cheers

Mel
Old Jun 18th 2003, 3:24 pm
port kennedy dec 2003

Hi Mel, Thanks for answering my post. I definitely have to apply for the buisiness visa. The hospital who I am going to work for have sorted all the paperwork out in Australia first, they are sponsoring me on the buisiness visa. They have instructed me which forms etc I need to submit for the visa application and it is definitely a buisiness visa (The hospital being the buisiness that is sponsoring me). My only problem is that when I have downloaded the application forms there is no address to send it to. If no-one can help I can only assume that I have to send it to Australia House. Hope I am right.

Thank you, Carole.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 3:26 pm
Hussy

Hi Mel, Thanks for answering my post. I definitely have to apply for the buisiness visa. The hospital who I am going to work for have sorted all the paperwork out in Australia first, they are sponsoring me on the buisiness visa. They have instructed me which forms etc I need to submit for the visa application and it is definitely a buisiness visa (The hospital being the buisiness that is sponsoring me). My only problem is that when I have downloaded the application forms there is no address to send it to. If no-one can help I can only assume that I have to send it to Australia House. Hope I am right.

Thank you, Carole.
If you send it to Australia House, then the worst case scenario will be that they will send it back to you with the correct mailing address.

Good luck with your application

Mel
Old Jun 18th 2003, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carole,

I am a nurse heading for Perth. Are you sure that it is a business visa you need? AS far as the DIMIA website indicates business visas are for people with a business to set up over there or are senior business personnel.
by the way which hospital are you going to?
Old Jun 18th 2003, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it a 457 visa?

If so these are handled by AHC in London

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html...ss_centre.html

Address here:-

http://www.australia.org.uk/ahc/html/

Hope this helps.

Regards
Karl.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 8:09 pm
port kennedy dec 2003

Thanks for all the replies. Yes Karl it is a 457 visa and I guess I got it right for Australia house (Australian high commission).

Claire - I am going to work at the sir charles gairdener hospital as a Theatre Nurse. The visa is a 457 and it is a buisiness visa. I was all prepared with the paper work filled in for the employer sponsored nominee visa then when the paper work arrived from Perth it instructed me to apply for the buisiness visa. This provides me with a 2 year temporary visa and costs only $160. I can apply for a permanent visa, hopefully after 12 months.
Where abouts are you going to in perth?