Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Activities that enable Child Care Rebate\Benefit ?

Activities that enable Child Care Rebate\Benefit ?

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default Activities that enable Child Care Rebate\Benefit ?

Hi,

my wife is about to take a part time studying course in TAFE which mostly needs her to study from home but it would keep her occupied for more than 15 hours each week.

I am a full time employee. Our daughter doesnt go to day care yet so I was trying to find out if this would be an acceptable scenario to claim CCR or CCB?

I feel its quite expensive and difficult to pay the entire fees myself. the charges are almost like a full time salary of one person.

any past experience you would want to share??

Thanks!!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice
Default Re: Activities that enable Child Care Rebate\Benefit ?

Call centerlink child care rebate is not means tested. This can be paid directly to your child care provider. Child care benifit is means tested but i think it states you have to be working or studying. Yes it takes ages to get through but it's easy once you get through it's quick and easy..
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

ABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Activities that enable Child Care Rebate\Benefit ?

To meet the test for claims between 24 and 50 hours of Child Care Benefit per child per week, you have to show that you and your partner both have work-related commitments for at least 15 hours a week (or 30 hours a fortnight) or have an exemption from that requirement.

A work-related commitment is defined as one or more of these activities:
  • paid work or self employment
  • setting up a business
  • training or studying
  • looking for work
  • voluntary work to improve your work skills.
http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...ing-study-test

It should be straight forward in your situation.

Originally Posted by ahmedwaseem2000
Hi,

my wife is about to take a part time studying course in TAFE which mostly needs her to study from home but it would keep her occupied for more than 15 hours each week.

I am a full time employee. Our daughter doesnt go to day care yet so I was trying to find out if this would be an acceptable scenario to claim CCR or CCB?

I feel its quite expensive and difficult to pay the entire fees myself. the charges are almost like a full time salary of one person.

any past experience you would want to share??

Thanks!!