Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACS Application with MCSE

ACS Application with MCSE

Old Mar 24th 2006, 11:52 am
Nick

Question ACS Application with MCSE

Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me out. I am planning on applying for a PR visa later this year by which time I will have passed my MCSE. I have 9 years IT experience and am currently working as 3rd Line Server Support Engineer.

My question is: Should I apply through the normal ACS Skills Assessment route as a Group B applicant or should I go down the RPL route?

Also if I apply as a Group B applicant and get knocked back, and re-applyed under RPL would I need to pay again or just the extra $50?

If someone has gone down a similar route and could offer me advise then that would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Nick.

Old Mar 24th 2006, 11:59 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Application with MCSE

Originally Posted by Nick
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help me out. I am planning on applying for a PR visa later this year by which time I will have passed my MCSE. I have 9 years IT experience and am currently working as 3rd Line Server Support Engineer.

My question is: Should I apply through the normal ACS Skills Assessment route as a Group B applicant or should I go down the RPL route?

Also if I apply as a Group B applicant and get knocked back, and re-applyed under RPL would I need to pay again or just the extra $50?
Better to ask on the immigration forum but afaik if you have an MCSE you don't need to do RPL. ACS were going to withdraw MCSE accreditation last December, but apparently it didn't happen.

You may need to do some project reports as you still will need to show ACS you have 6 years *professional* IT experience.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 12:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I got through the ACS as group B with MCSE and 7 years experience a year ago. Just make sure your references cover specifics about your duties and the tools you use. I put project reports in mine because I thought "what the hell, it can't hurt".
Old Mar 24th 2006, 1:56 pm
Nick

Originally Posted by wmoore
I got through the ACS as group B with MCSE and 7 years experience a year ago. Just make sure your references cover specifics about your duties and the tools you use. I put project reports in mine because I thought "what the hell, it can't hurt".

Thanks for the info. I will go down the Group B route. Hopefully an MCSE will still be good enough for Group B as I have seen some posts that say they maybe stopping this in the near future.

Thanks again

Nick