Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

accontant qualification(part-time)

accontant qualification(part-time)

Old Oct 10th 2002, 8:12 am
Just Joined

tatyana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default accontant qualification(part-time)

Hi,
I am going to make an independent immigration to Australia.
My qualification is accountant.It was a part time studing(4 years),at the same time I worked as an accountant in a small private company.
Is it possible to receive assessment with my diploma as a part time student?

How many houres for each subject of studing is requared?

A few years later I finished MBA program and some courses that I studed in my first university and are listed in the curriculum for recognition of my qualification,I studed again.Will it help me if I send it for assessment in addition to my first education?

Also the university where I received my first education has changed its name two times.Would it be better to inform the assessing body about it?
Tanya

accontant qualification
Old Oct 10th 2002, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Joelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: accontant qualification(part-time)

Dear Tanya,

I can't give you a clear answer since only the assessing authority will give you any valuable feedback.
I am currently trying to have my degree in Business Administration recognised for the 60 points PR....
Those are the links to the only two acredited organisations for the assessment of finance related degrees. You'll find plenty of information there.
Good luck.

http://www.icaa.org.au
http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au

Originally posted by tatyana:
Hi,
I am going to make an independent immigration to Australia.
My qualification is accountant.It was a part time studing(4 years),at the same time I worked as an accountant in a small private company.
Is it possible to receive assessment with my diploma as a part time student?

How many houres for each subject of studing is requared?

A few years later I finished MBA program and some courses that I studed in my first university and are listed in the curriculum for recognition of my qualification,I studed again.Will it help me if I send it for assessment in addition to my first education?

Also the university where I received my first education has changed its name two times.Would it be better to inform the assessing body about it?
Tanya

accontant qualification
Old Oct 10th 2002, 12:43 pm
JSK
Just Joined

JSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am also a Charted Accountat , i have already got long time ago the preassessment aproval from the ICAA.
What they asked me is cerified copies of my diploma,certified copy of grades per subject from the university i learned in .
They also requested detailed syllabus of each subject i learned.Based on what i have supplied they assesed my degeree in economic and accounting as equivalent to an Australian degree and my Charted accounatnt diploma to be assesed as suitable for the purporse of nominating my occupation as Accountat for migration purposes.
By the way in order to be a member in the ICAA i will still have to take 2 exams one in Australin tax laws the other in corporate law, there are pleny of academic institution offering these courses which take aprox. 3 months.
Hope that info helps
Best

Originally posted by Joelle:
Dear Tanya,

I can't give you a clear answer since only the assessing authority will give you any valuable feedback.
I am currently trying to have my degree in Business Administration recognised for the 60 points PR....
Those are the links to the only two acredited organisations for the assessment of finance related degrees. You'll find plenty of information there.
Good luck.

http://www.icaa.org.au
http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au

Old Oct 11th 2002, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Tatiana is an unknown quantity at this point

Tanya,
have you been to www.oztrovok.org and www.gday.ru?

There you can find heaps of info much more applicable to your circumstances then here.

cheers
Tanya