Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Accepted after 4years for parents visa

Accepted after 4years for parents visa

Old Nov 1st 2016, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Rosie24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accepted after 4years for parents visa

Just been accepted for parents visa part is feeling really excited and also feeling a bit shocked worrying am I making the right decision ,it's costing so much money beginning to wonder if it,s costing to much and if we are really to old to make this move going to Brisbane to be with our grandchildren has anyone brought their parents out recently could give us some advice
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 2:37 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accepted after 4years for parents visa

You only live once, and your grand children wont be kids forever. Sometimes you just need to follow your heart and grab what time you can with your family. Also you have been lucky enough to get a visa, many people don't have a chance like this. Only you can decide, don't think about it too much.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You've paid up so you might as well use it. Try not to burn any bridges just in case it isn't what you wanted then suck it and see. It is a lot of money but you've done it now. You could try in the first instance just to go for long holidays to see how you feel about leaving the social network you've made over a lifetime and whether you can recreate that feeling of social connection wherever you move to. The visa gives you that option to come and go at will.

Enjoy the adventure and see where it leads you!
Old Nov 6th 2016, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

thau
Originally Posted by quoll
You've paid up so you might as well use it. Try not to burn any bridges just in case it isn't what you wanted then suck it and see. It is a lot of money but you've done it now. You could try in the first instance just to go for long holidays to see how you feel about leaving the social network you've made over a lifetime and whether you can recreate that feeling of social connection wherever you move to. The visa gives you that option to come and go at will.

Enjoy the adventure and see where it leads you!
. Thanks for your message I have still to pay the money I think it's just a fear of moving at our age I have spent the last few years holidaying in. Australia and I really enjoy it's just different when you are not coming out to work but have been thinking that will try and conntact some vol organisations just so that I can also get to meet people . Thanks again
Old Nov 6th 2016, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spuddyo
You only live once, and your grand children wont be kids forever. Sometimes you just need to follow your heart and grab what time you can with your family. Also you have been lucky enough to get a visa, many people don't have a chance like this. Only you can decide, don't think about it too much.
a. Thanks for your mess yes your right the grandchildren won,t be kids forever they start school Jan and we put our forms in when they where 16mths and have a new grandson so if we don,t take the plunge before we get much older we will be missing out in so much might need to take the bull by the horns and go for it Thanks again
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Irishgran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. We are now here 4 years having followed two daughters and a young grandson. We were in our 60s when we moved. It's a huge step but we haven't regretted it ever.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irishgran
Hi. We are now here 4 years having followed two daughters and a young grandson. We were in our 60s when we moved. It's a huge step but we haven't regretted it ever.
what part of Australia are you in we have had our visa excepted now and paid the fee still feeling really anxious about the move so it's good to hear people of our age make the move and that you have settled thanks for getting back
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosie24
what part of Australia are you in we have had our visa excepted now and paid the fee still feeling really anxious about the move so it's good to hear people of our age make the move and that you have settled thanks for getting back
We live just south of the Gold Coast which is south of Brisbane in a place called Banora Point. If you know the area at all you would know Coolangatta well we are not far from there. Really it was our grandson that made us make the move as we wanted to see him grow. Keep in touch and ask any questions you want. Will be glad to answer them. I will email privately if it's allowed.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

That's really funny because we have visited banora point a few times my daughter stayed in Robina I am sure you know where that is she is now in gilston which is still quite near we often visit coolangata that would be nice to keep in touch
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

That's really funny because we have visited banora point a few times my daughter stayed in Robina I am sure you know where that is she is now in gilston which is still quite near we often visit coolangata that would be nice to keep in touch
Isn't that interesting. Know Robina well. Sometimes we shop there though it's huge now so prefer Tweed City.
Where are you from in the UK. Definitely keep in touch. Don't know where Gliston is but will now look it up!
Sylvia
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure how to private message you not that great on computer . Gilston is just on the other side of the motorway from Robina it,s quite near Nerang and Mugerbar We are from Scotland and live just outside Glasgow we have visited Gold Coast for the last 8years and we have had a lovely time just quite apprehensive about coming out just maybe look for something that can get us out mixing with people or some vol work probably my daughter will have a work plan already will definitely keep in touch with any questions thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Don't want to put my email on here. Are you on Facebook? Perhaps I could look you up. (But need your name) Like you we come out for holidays every year since 2000 so knew what we were coming to. You definitely need to make an effort when you come to "get to know people". Hubby's dad was Scottish. We are from Ireland.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how to private message you not that great on computer . Gilston is just on the other side of the motorway from Robina it,s quite near Nerang and Mugerbar We are from Scotland and live just outside Glasgow we have visited Gold Coast for the last 8years and we have had a lovely time just quite apprehensive about coming out just maybe look for something that can get us out mixing with people or some vol work probably my daughter will have a work plan already will definitely keep in touch with any questions thanks
just click on the user name and a small menu pops up , one option being to send you a PM. Easy when you know how ,but a beggar if you don't! i.e I click on Rosie24 and I can then send you a PM.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks!