About Perth WA

Old Mar 10th 2007, 6:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About Perth WA

Originally Posted by walla
Brisbane aint one of them....
She wants to go to Blighty, I vote for my old home town of Morecambe as the destination.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 6:48 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
She wants to go to Blighty, I vote for my old home town of Morecambe as the destination.

I wouldn't subject my home town of Newcastle on her; imagine the things she would post?
Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:32 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
I wouldn't subject my home town of Newcastle on her; imagine the things she would post?
Oh it would be about the good old community spirit and lack of crime !
Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stengee
About Perth WA,

Heading for Perth, not sure where abouts yet?

Can any suggest a good place to live, please?

thank you

stengee
Try a search as this question gets asked about 10 times a week.....
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Bianca UK-OZ is an unknown quantity at this point

what about the more regional areas such as Albany / Bunbury and coast in between and also Mt Barker? We are not city souls, and like the open, quiet areas.. Hibby is fitter (maintenance) and I will be Optometrist, when finished studying. 3kids, thirties.

Would really like to know more about the SouthWest coastal towns... and wherewill be work for hubby.

Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

stengee is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: About Perth WA

I quite fancy MAndurah - seems to have a mix of sights, things to do, cheaper accom if you want it (extremely pricey if you don't!), sun, sea good transport links for Perth/ Fremantle etc. Albany looks like it could be good but is it a little old fashioned at the minute?

To be honest, it is more a question of work- he needs construction industry, which seemed to be pretty booming there and I need something along the lines of travel/ sales - Flight Centre based in Perth, so could be the chosen one I think!

I need clubbing, sunshine, planes and people to send away and absolutely no sweaty armpits
He needs houses to tile, places to hide (when I annoy him) and a cheap place to rent!

Whaddya think?
Old Mar 10th 2007, 10:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stengee
I quite fancy MAndurah - seems to have a mix of sights, things to do, cheaper accom if you want it (extremely pricey if you don't!), sun, sea good transport links for Perth/ Fremantle etc. Albany looks like it could be good but is it a little old fashioned at the minute?

To be honest, it is more a question of work- he needs construction industry, which seemed to be pretty booming there and I need something along the lines of travel/ sales - Flight Centre based in Perth, so could be the chosen one I think!

I need clubbing, sunshine, planes and people to send away and absolutely no sweaty armpits
He needs houses to tile, places to hide (when I annoy him) and a cheap place to rent!

Whaddya think?
Mandurah is lovely and quiet but if you like clubbing then you need to be closer to Perth. I can't imagine Mandurah being the hotbed of clubbing action. Mandurah will be 50 mins or so to Perth on the train line so if you fancied working in Perth and don't mind the commute then it might suit you.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bianca UK-OZ
what about the more regional areas such as Albany / Bunbury and coast in between and also Mt Barker? We are not city souls, and like the open, quiet areas.. Hibby is fitter (maintenance) and I will be Optometrist, when finished studying. 3kids, thirties.

Would really like to know more about the SouthWest coastal towns... and wherewill be work for hubby.

Thanks
Cant help with Albany but we live near Bunbury and love it, it has everything we need but still feels like a large town rather than a city as such. We are in our 30s too with first kiddywink on the way, been here about 18 months and felt settled here from day one.

Not sure what a maintenance fitter is or does, but there are plenty of engineering and other firms around here so I wouldnt have thought he'd have trouble finding work.

HTH