Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aborigines can't handle money: Tuckey

Aborigines can't handle money: Tuckey

Old Jul 7th 2003, 8:09 am
The Tooth Fairy

Default Re: Aborigines can't handle money: Tuckey

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Both just beware of looking these people in the eyes it winds them up , the trains at night are real fun.

Never had a problem, perhaps I always look at them straight.

Many years ago on the train to Sydney Central, some mid teen Aboriginal lads heading in from W.Syd. Said G'day what's up? They said they were going into Broadway to pick a fight with some white gangs. Probably were. That was that.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 8:12 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by The Tooth Fairy
Never had a problem, perhaps I always look at them straight.

Many years ago on the train to Sydney Central, some mid teen Aboriginal lads heading in from W.Syd. Said G'day what's up? They said they were going into Broadway to pick a fight with some white gangs. Probably were. That was that.
As you pointed out the Abos are from different tribes the guys in WA are great fun.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 8:27 am
The Tooth Fairy

As you pointed out the Abos are from different tribes the guys in WA are great fun.

Remember more of the conversation (getting old, cann't remember to take out the rubbish). Said they had to "protect their patch" because they got picked on.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Modigliana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Florida_03
Remember when Aulus Paulinus arrived in Chelmsford to become the new Governor of Britain.

He was accompanied by his brother-in-law Grasientus.

Remember how they encounter Badvoc, leader of the local tribe of Britons, and his henchmen Mungo and Blag.

Now that's history.
I remember that from school.

Didn't the Romans win?

Aulus Paulinus - 0
Badvoc - 0

Damn, that's right, it was a draw.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

kizkat is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like Dddd-democracy!
Attached Thumbnails Aborigines can't handle money: Tuckey-democracy.gif  
Old Jul 7th 2003, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

chch is an unknown quantity at this point

Just what Australia needs - more racism.

PB you've been living in Australia long anough to know that "abos" is a very derogatory term. Why don't you go and post on the USA forum about "niggers" as well. I'm disgusted by your attitude.

Aborigines have been mistreated, marginalized and oppressed ever since the British first arrived. They were hunted for sport and poisoned like animals to clear them off their traditional (fertile) lands. They had no legal rights to any land because of the concept of terra nullius - that Australia was "uninhabited by humans". Aborigines couldn't even vote until 1967. They're one of the most demoralized races on earth. It's no wonder they have such huge social problems now. It says a lot about you that you would complain about them trying to get reparations. Bet you must have been outraged by the Mabo decision.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

chch,You sound like another one of the "Armchair Experts"that knows everything about Aboriginals whilst never really seen them,except on some ABC-TV apologist show that because people are white they should take the blame for all the ills of the world.
Remember Hindmarsh Island fiasco?Who was conning who???
Where does ATSIC money go?Who CONTROLS ATSIC and the millions of dollars???
I have worked in outback and when I first went it was with an open mind on the white/black troubles and didn't take long to work out who were the trouble makers etc.
As long as people living in their safe surburbia look through rose coloured glasses tut tuting on how the evil whites treat the aboriginals,nothing will change,probably with more money thrown at them and then squandered by their own people-but hey thats whiteys fault isn't it?
Old Jul 7th 2003, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Another Myth debunked;
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2571,00.html
Old Jul 7th 2003, 11:13 pm
The Tooth Fairy

I've talked with several "stolen children". No doubts that much money is wasted. What do you propose?

Old Jul 7th 2003, 11:22 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've talked with several "stolen children". No doubts that much money is wasted. What do you propose?
My ma and pa are white anglo-saxon. Prior to my parents marrying they had a child out of wedlock in the late 40's. The shame they felt and endured from society and particularly the religious groups was overwhelming and they felt they had no chioce but to give up their first child for adoption. Was my unknown sister stolen?
Old Jul 7th 2003, 11:43 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chch
Just what Australia needs - more racism.

PB you've been living in Australia long anough to know that "abos" is a very derogatory term. Why don't you go and post on the USA forum about "niggers" as well. I'm disgusted by your attitude.

Aborigines have been mistreated, marginalized and oppressed ever since the British first arrived. They were hunted for sport and poisoned like animals to clear them off their traditional (fertile) lands. They had no legal rights to any land because of the concept of terra nullius - that Australia was "uninhabited by humans". Aborigines couldn't even vote until 1967. They're one of the most demoralized races on earth. It's no wonder they have such huge social problems now. It says a lot about you that you would complain about them trying to get reparations. Bet you must have been outraged by the Mabo decision.

Sorry you have me wrong I am pointing out the attitude to them in Australia , the Aussies have treated them worse after federation than before it.
We all have derogatory terms here mine is Pom , the thing is an Abo only knows he hates white men not who has helped or who has not.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 11:52 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Sorry you have me wrong I am pointing out the attitude to them in Australia , the Aussies have treated them worse after federation than before it.
We all have derogatory terms here mine is Pom , the thing is an Abo only knows he hates white men not who has helped or who has not.

I don't think anyone will come out looking good in a competition on who mistreated Aboriginals worst.

Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:36 am
Banned

I don't think anyone will come out looking good in a competition on who mistreated Aboriginals worst.
True though I do wonder if Australia was still ruled from the UK if the Abos would have been given more power like the handing over of the Africian countries to those who rightfully had them first.
Federation put power in the hands of the incomers who grasped land and took away rights.

Old Jul 8th 2003, 10:50 am
The Tooth Fairy

True though I do wonder if Australia was still ruled from the UK if the Abos would have been given more power like the handing over of the Africian countries to those who rightfully had them first.
Federation put power in the hands of the incomers who grasped land and took away rights.

Before you go on perhaps you might like to take a gander at:

The Fabrication of Aboriginal History

Old Jul 8th 2003, 11:40 pm
Banned

Before you go on perhaps you might like to take a gander at:

The Fabrication of Aboriginal History
I thought you may have come up with the 'Stolen children of Scotland' or the 'Irish Turkey Shoot' maybe the 'Welsh Rabbit Fence'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.