Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ABN and Blue card

ABN and Blue card

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default ABN and Blue card

Can anyone tell me what ABN and blue card mean with regard to job vacancies i have looked at?

Cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

warbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ABN and Blue card

Originally Posted by jazzys
Can anyone tell me what ABN and blue card mean with regard to job vacancies i have looked at?

Cheers
Blue card is a construction safety awareness scheme. It can be done online and takes about an hour. It costs about $100 - do a google for Bluedog training. If you don't know the answer, you get a short video which gives it to you!

It's required if you want to work on a construction site in WA from 1st Jan 2007. I think QLD also has a blue card and NSW has a green card.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jazzys

Cheers
Hi there,

An ABN is an Australian Business Number you need it if i ve been told correct, its for if your self employed, a Sole Trader.
You can get it easy enough online at www.abr.com.au and its free to do.

Hope this helps

Sarah
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi there,

An ABN is an Australian Business Number you need it if i ve been told correct, its for if your self employed, a Sole Trader.
You can get it easy enough online at www.abr.com.au and its free to do.

Hope this helps

Sarah
So sorry just checked the web address is

www.abr.gov.au for the ABN
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warbs4
Blue card is a construction safety awareness scheme. It can be done online and takes about an hour. It costs about $100 - do a google for Bluedog training. If you don't know the answer, you get a short video which gives it to you!

It's required if you want to work on a construction site in WA from 1st Jan 2007. I think QLD also has a blue card and NSW has a green card.
Unless of course you want to work with children, in which case you want a blue card to say you're safe around kids. They don't like to confuse anyone.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

when you do the bluedog training on-line, do you get it sent to an oz address or to your uk address, as we can do either, jst didnt know if we can get it sent to us here in the uk ?

kels x
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

my husband did his blue card on line and had it sent to a family members address in oz - it took several weeks to arrive. Dread to think how long it would take to be sent overseas!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of

Gday all,

A quick way to get the Blue card do all your work on the computer print it of and sign it, take the completed paper work to the blue dog office which is on the north side of the river here in Brisbane pay your fee and they issue the card right there and then.
A word of warning take your time when doing the test as if you get questions wrong you have to go back to the start of a section use the help button as this will answer the question for you.

Later

Haggis
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

but do you not have to pay the fee before starting the test ?

does seam too good to just, do the test without paying first and then paying when we go to the bluedog office and getting the card there and then , is it really as easy as that, i hope so

kels x
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
but do you not have to pay the fee before starting the test ?

does seam too good to just, do the test without paying first and then paying when we go to the bluedog office and getting the card there and then , is it really as easy as that, i hope so

kels x
Hi

No you don't have to pay a fee online. I'm Haggis' OH so all we had to do was print off the stuff he got when he completed the test - I then took it to the office on the Northside, paid the fee and within 5 minutes had his official card. We were in a hurry to get it as he needed it for the job he was doing so I just phoned them up and asked them the quickest way to get it which was to print off the info, pay their office a vist and pay the fee. It really was that simple.

Scotschick
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:20 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

it was $69 to do my blue card last week and it's just a case of turn up n watch a couple of DVD's and go through a safety book before you take the test at the end which is about 40 questions of which most are multiple choice.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi

No you don't have to pay a fee online. I'm Haggis' OH so all we had to do was print off the stuff he got when he completed the test - I then took it to the office on the Northside, paid the fee and within 5 minutes had his official card. We were in a hurry to get it as he needed it for the job he was doing so I just phoned them up and asked them the quickest way to get it which was to print off the info, pay their office a vist and pay the fee. It really was that simple.

Scotschick
thanks for that

kels x
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:40 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi

Scotschick
That's useful to know