British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   ABN and Blue card (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/abn-blue-card-463254/)

jazzys Jul 3rd 2007 1:55 pm

ABN and Blue card

Can anyone tell me what ABN and blue card mean with regard to job vacancies i have looked at?

Cheers

warbs4 Jul 3rd 2007 2:22 pm

Re: ABN and Blue card

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 5003237)
Can anyone tell me what ABN and blue card mean with regard to job vacancies i have looked at?

Cheers

Blue card is a construction safety awareness scheme. It can be done online and takes about an hour. It costs about $100 - do a google for Bluedog training. If you don't know the answer, you get a short video which gives it to you!

It's required if you want to work on a construction site in WA from 1st Jan 2007. I think QLD also has a blue card and NSW has a green card.

ormrod7 Jul 4th 2007 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jazzys (Post 5003237)

Cheers

Hi there,

An ABN is an Australian Business Number you need it if i ve been told correct, its for if your self employed, a Sole Trader.
You can get it easy enough online at www.abr.com.au and its free to do.

Hope this helps

Sarah

ormrod7 Jul 4th 2007 10:13 am

Originally Posted by ormrod7 (Post 5007006)
Hi there,

An ABN is an Australian Business Number you need it if i ve been told correct, its for if your self employed, a Sole Trader.
You can get it easy enough online at www.abr.com.au and its free to do.

Hope this helps

Sarah

So sorry just checked the web address is

www.abr.gov.au for the ABN

moneypenny20 Jul 4th 2007 10:18 am

Originally Posted by warbs4 (Post 5003375)
Blue card is a construction safety awareness scheme. It can be done online and takes about an hour. It costs about $100 - do a google for Bluedog training. If you don't know the answer, you get a short video which gives it to you!

It's required if you want to work on a construction site in WA from 1st Jan 2007. I think QLD also has a blue card and NSW has a green card.

Unless of course you want to work with children, in which case you want a blue card to say you're safe around kids. They don't like to confuse anyone.;)

brissie-here-we-come Sep 25th 2007 7:31 am

when you do the bluedog training on-line, do you get it sent to an oz address or to your uk address, as we can do either, jst didnt know if we can get it sent to us here in the uk ?

kels x

micnic Sep 25th 2007 7:21 pm

my husband did his blue card on line and had it sent to a family members address in oz - it took several weeks to arrive. Dread to think how long it would take to be sent overseas!

---Haggisman--- Sep 25th 2007 8:15 pm

Gday all,

A quick way to get the Blue card do all your work on the computer print it of and sign it, take the completed paper work to the blue dog office which is on the north side of the river here in Brisbane pay your fee and they issue the card right there and then.
A word of warning take your time when doing the test as if you get questions wrong you have to go back to the start of a section use the help button as this will answer the question for you.

Later

Haggis;)

brissie-here-we-come Sep 25th 2007 10:39 pm

but do you not have to pay the fee before starting the test ?

does seam too good to just, do the test without paying first and then paying when we go to the bluedog office and getting the card there and then , is it really as easy as that, i hope so :D

kels x

Scotschick Sep 25th 2007 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come (Post 5354645)
but do you not have to pay the fee before starting the test ?

does seam too good to just, do the test without paying first and then paying when we go to the bluedog office and getting the card there and then , is it really as easy as that, i hope so :D

kels x

Hi

No you don't have to pay a fee online. I'm Haggis' OH so all we had to do was print off the stuff he got when he completed the test - I then took it to the office on the Northside, paid the fee and within 5 minutes had his official card. We were in a hurry to get it as he needed it for the job he was doing so I just phoned them up and asked them the quickest way to get it which was to print off the info, pay their office a vist and pay the fee. It really was that simple.

Scotschick

jonni boy Sep 26th 2007 1:20 am

it was $69 to do my blue card last week and it's just a case of turn up n watch a couple of DVD's and go through a safety book before you take the test at the end which is about 40 questions of which most are multiple choice.

brissie-here-we-come Sep 26th 2007 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Scotschick (Post 5354784)
Hi

No you don't have to pay a fee online. I'm Haggis' OH so all we had to do was print off the stuff he got when he completed the test - I then took it to the office on the Northside, paid the fee and within 5 minutes had his official card. We were in a hurry to get it as he needed it for the job he was doing so I just phoned them up and asked them the quickest way to get it which was to print off the info, pay their office a vist and pay the fee. It really was that simple.

Scotschick

thanks for that ;)

kels x

Clippy Sep 26th 2007 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Scotschick (Post 5354784)
Hi

Scotschick

That's useful to know :)