Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

801 visa passport renewal query

801 visa passport renewal query

Old Oct 28th 2019, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

big_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud of
Default 801 visa passport renewal query

Hi All,
Wanted to ask for guidance as am a bit confused by the information available through formal channels.
I lived in oz from 2005 to 2010 and had an 801 visa as my partner is australian. Since then we've been back in the uk and when my passport was renewed recently they didnt carry over the visa page.
Quick questions:
1. Should i now be applying for the 155 visa to replace the 801?
2. How do you get a new passport stamp? The London embassy say they cant do this but dont want to mail my passport abroad for update obviously
3. Will my original 801 still be in play after all these tears anyway?

I plan to call the visa line in australia again this week but would appreciate any help in advance.
Cheers.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 2:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 801 visa passport renewal query

Originally Posted by big_matt
Hi All,
Wanted to ask for guidance as am a bit confused by the information available through formal channels.
I lived in oz from 2005 to 2010 and had an 801 visa as my partner is australian. Since then we've been back in the uk and when my passport was renewed recently they didnt carry over the visa page.
Quick questions:
1. Should i now be applying for the 155 visa to replace the 801?
2. How do you get a new passport stamp? The London embassy say they cant do this but dont want to mail my passport abroad for update obviously
3. Will my original 801 still be in play after all these tears anyway?

I plan to call the visa line in australia again this week but would appreciate any help in advance.
Cheers.
All Australian visas are electronic now so you can't get a new visa label.
The Passport Office would not have carried the old one across as they are only responsible for the passport, not for any visas therein.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 12:41 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 801 visa passport renewal query

You’ll need to apply for a 155/157. It’s electronic so no visas in your passport anymore.