7 Months In Au

Old Dec 22nd 2002, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Mike Peters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 7 Months In Au

Arrived May 28th 2002 ,
After buying our house via the internet whilst liveing in london we moved in on 1st june house was better then we could have wished for,

Our 13 year old Daughter had picked her School by contacting the schools on the net and makeing app for when we arrived in Adelaide
she has made some lovley friends,

We took 12 weeks off sorting out cars House, taxfile numbers, looking around, (never been to AU before) then started looking 4 work
wife got job week 13 i started busness week 14 ,

Do we reg it yet, like hell we do

Do we Miss the uk, not yet

was it worth it , yep

I cannot comment on where PB lives or works but we have not me a bad aussie yet all seem helpfull and friendley, SO FAR PB

as far as we can see its true its the lucky country , BUT YOU MUST MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK.

I am not saying PB is wrong as 1) i have only been here 7 months
2) i dont live were he is
3) i dont know what his lifestyle is

But PB THE UK HAS CHANGED A HELL OF A LOT IN THE LAST 2 YEARS
SO LOOK BEFORE U LEEP MATE ITS NOT THE SAME AS IT WAS 5 YEARS AGO IF IT WAS I WOULDENT HAV LEFT.

PS THESE ARE MY FINDINGS ON ADELAIDE EVERYONES ARE DIFF

Old Dec 22nd 2002, 9:27 pm

silvervfr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 7 Months In Au

Hi Mike,

Good to here it is all going well for you down there. I'm about half way to getting in, we have had my trade application accepted and are about to start on the family visa part!

We went over to Oz in feb and loved it, especially Adelaide, we have family that live in the northern suburbs but everyone seems to heading for the southern areas like yourselves. How do you rate Happy valley and the surounding suburbs? We did not get a chance to go south of the city but from the maps it looks a good area in relation to the city and the beaches.

One of our relations said there is a higher crime rate in the south, what do you think?

What are the schools like, you sound happy with your choice. Is there much of a selection?

What business have you started, was it easy to get going?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Happy Christmas.

Nick
Old Dec 22nd 2002, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 7 Months In Au

Nick, We're headed north adelaide, towards gawler/barossa (or perhaps hills). We have friends in Hillbank.

South was nice, drove through to Victor Harbour which was lovely.

I'll be glad to hear pros/cons also

Mash..

Originally posted by silvervfr
Hi Mike,

We went over to Oz in feb and loved it, especially Adelaide, we have family that live in the northern suburbs but everyone seems to heading for the southern areas like yourselves. How do you rate Happy valley and the surounding suburbs? We did not get a chance to go south of the city but from the maps it looks a good area in relation to the city and the beaches.

Nick