Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

7 hours in Bunbury on Sunday (sorry Bridie)

7 hours in Bunbury on Sunday (sorry Bridie)

Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:30 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7 hours in Bunbury on Sunday (sorry Bridie)

I'm going down to Bunbury for the night on Saturday arvo as I am doing a couple of dives early on Sunday. I offered to take my wife and daughter with me but they declined as they couldn't think what they could do to pass 7 hours while I was diving on the Sunday. The list started promisingly with the dolphin place but after that they drew a blank. Surely there is something more than that to do in Bunbury???
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 7 hours in Bunbury on Sunday (sorry Bridie)

Originally Posted by worzel
I'm going down to Bunbury for the night on Saturday arvo as I am doing a couple of dives early on Sunday. I offered to take my wife and daughter with me but they declined as they couldn't think what they could do to pass 7 hours while I was diving on the Sunday. The list started promisingly with the dolphin place but after that they drew a blank. Surely there is something more than that to do in Bunbury???
For a day go to big swamp sanctuary you can feed the roo's(good for younger kids).Go up the tower at marston hill have a coffee at the dome check out the dolphins.I am a bit critical of bunbury having lived there for 2 years for visa reasons,but you can easy fill a day there
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

big swamp is great for walks too and not far from the centre if they dont have transport

got to VAT for lunch (or get take out from the dome!) and the kids can have a play on the beach or in the playground (sorry, cant remember how old yours is? )

if they've got transport you could take a drive to donnybrook and visit the cider factory - lovely location and loads of room for kids to run around.

if they fancy some shopping most of the shops in town open on sundays now

no, there probably isnt loads to do as such but then that's why we like it

i'll pm you my address and if you have time pop in
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...bury-BR-1.html
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Not a lot more really.We went down to Bunbury about ten days ago for the day (with visiting relatives,from Europe)and yes it is nice enough had a swim at the back beach walked up and down both sides of the main drag,had lunch in a self styled Irish pub,climbed up the look out at Marsden Hill,walked along Katoomba Beach(no dolphins,as they come earlier)then found it difficult to find anything else to do.All in all four hours would have been enough to do and see what is available.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

OOh you are taking your life in your hands coming down here on Saturday!! Its a big (mainly expats) girls night out!! that would sort out your wives sunday - she could spend all day in bed recovering from the night out with us lot
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daunted
OOh you are taking your life in your hands coming down here on Saturday!! Its a big (mainly expats) girls night out!! that would sort out your wives sunday - she could spend all day in bed recovering from the night out with us lot
or worzel could
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
or worzel could
You reckon he would last the evening? You gonna come along with us Bridie? will text you when i know more about time and place etc
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

:[/QUOTE]

Settling in then Daunted- lol.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daunted
You reckon he would last the evening? You gonna come along with us Bridie? will text you when i know more about time and place etc
yes, think i'm gonna come, just need to kick myself up the backside to get motivated these days! a girls night out probably just what i need!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:34 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry girls, you didn't do enough to sell it to Sam so it will only be me and I am having a barbie with the divers on Saturday night. Besides, I never drink and dive [sic]
Old Jan 17th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mindblower
:
Settling in then Daunted- lol.[/quote]
i think that is a good description

Originally Posted by bridie
yes, think i'm gonna come, just need to kick myself up the backside to get motivated these days! a girls night out probably just what i need!
will text you