British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   7 hours in Bunbury on Sunday (sorry Bridie) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/7-hours-bunbury-sunday-sorry-bridie-583783/)

worzel Jan 12th 2009 10:30 pm

7 hours in Bunbury on Sunday (sorry Bridie)

I'm going down to Bunbury for the night on Saturday arvo as I am doing a couple of dives early on Sunday. I offered to take my wife and daughter with me but they declined as they couldn't think what they could do to pass 7 hours while I was diving on the Sunday. The list started promisingly with the dolphin place but after that they drew a blank. Surely there is something more than that to do in Bunbury???

Catch Jan 12th 2009 11:08 pm

Re: 7 hours in Bunbury on Sunday (sorry Bridie)

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 7159145)
I'm going down to Bunbury for the night on Saturday arvo as I am doing a couple of dives early on Sunday. I offered to take my wife and daughter with me but they declined as they couldn't think what they could do to pass 7 hours while I was diving on the Sunday. The list started promisingly with the dolphin place but after that they drew a blank. Surely there is something more than that to do in Bunbury???

For a day go to big swamp sanctuary you can feed the roo's(good for younger kids).Go up the tower at marston hill have a coffee at the dome check out the dolphins.I am a bit critical of bunbury having lived there for 2 years for visa reasons,but you can easy fill a day there

bridie Jan 13th 2009 2:48 am

big swamp is great for walks too and not far from the centre if they dont have transport :thumbup:

got to VAT for lunch (or get take out from the dome!) and the kids can have a play on the beach or in the playground (sorry, cant remember how old yours is? :o)

if they've got transport you could take a drive to donnybrook and visit the cider factory - lovely location and loads of room for kids to run around.

if they fancy some shopping most of the shops in town open on sundays now

no, there probably isnt loads to do as such but then that's why we like it :thumbsup:

i'll pm you my address and if you have time pop in :)

bridie Jan 13th 2009 6:31 am

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...bury-BR-1.html

the troubadour Jan 13th 2009 8:08 am

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 7159145)

Not a lot more really.We went down to Bunbury about ten days ago for the day (with visiting relatives,from Europe)and yes it is nice enough had a swim at the back beach walked up and down both sides of the main drag,had lunch in a self styled Irish pub,climbed up the look out at Marsden Hill,walked along Katoomba Beach(no dolphins,as they come earlier)then found it difficult to find anything else to do.All in all four hours would have been enough to do and see what is available.

daunted Jan 13th 2009 8:13 am

OOh you are taking your life in your hands coming down here on Saturday!! Its a big (mainly expats) girls night out!! that would sort out your wives sunday - she could spend all day in bed recovering from the night out with us lot :thumbsup::rofl:

bridie Jan 13th 2009 10:03 am

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 7160686)
OOh you are taking your life in your hands coming down here on Saturday!! Its a big (mainly expats) girls night out!! that would sort out your wives sunday - she could spend all day in bed recovering from the night out with us lot :thumbsup::rofl:

or worzel could
:rofl:

daunted Jan 13th 2009 10:15 am

Originally Posted by bridie (Post 7161128)
or worzel could
:rofl:

:thumbsup::rofl: You reckon he would last the evening? You gonna come along with us Bridie? will text you when i know more about time and place etc:thumbsup:

mindblower Jan 13th 2009 12:44 pm

:[/QUOTE]

Settling in then Daunted- lol.

bridie Jan 14th 2009 12:06 am

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 7161183)
:thumbsup::rofl: You reckon he would last the evening? You gonna come along with us Bridie? will text you when i know more about time and place etc:thumbsup:

yes, think i'm gonna come, just need to kick myself up the backside to get motivated these days! :o a girls night out probably just what i need!

worzel Jan 14th 2009 1:34 am

Sorry girls, you didn't do enough to sell it to Sam so it will only be me and I am having a barbie with the divers on Saturday night. Besides, I never drink and dive [sic]:D

daunted Jan 17th 2009 6:17 am

Originally Posted by mindblower (Post 7161740)
:

Settling in then Daunted- lol.[/quote]
:thumbsup::rofl: i think that is a good description :thumbup:

Originally Posted by bridie (Post 7164536)
yes, think i'm gonna come, just need to kick myself up the backside to get motivated these days! :o a girls night out probably just what i need!

will text you :thumbup: