Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

7/8 seater cars other than the Tarago???

7/8 seater cars other than the Tarago???

Old Nov 13th 2004, 11:57 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Talking 7/8 seater cars other than the Tarago???

Hi All,

On holiday we hired a Toyota Tarago, very nice! We need a people carrier, but are these the only/most commonly available over in Oz. I've looked on some car dealer websites but because the names are all different than in the UK and some are called 'wagons' rather than people carriers, I'm getting nowhere fast!

Can anyone tell me some more model names and are the government auctions I've heard of any good?

Thanks a lot,

Phil
Old Nov 14th 2004, 2:18 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: 7/8 seater cars other than the Tarago???

Originally Posted by philian4
Hi All,

On holiday we hired a Toyota Tarago, very nice! We need a people carrier, but are these the only/most commonly available over in Oz. I've looked on some car dealer websites but because the names are all different than in the UK and some are called 'wagons' rather than people carriers, I'm getting nowhere fast!

Can anyone tell me some more model names and are the government auctions I've heard of any good?

Thanks a lot,

Phil
If you go to http://www.discountnewcars.com.au you get small pictures of all the cars available for each maker. It also gives prices you can expect to pay. With technical specs and model features.

Wagons are the same as Estate Cars.

Old Nov 14th 2004, 3:38 am
Just Joined

toos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thanks a lot,

Phil
We have a Kia Carnival. Its a 7 seater, similar shape to a Tarago but nowhere near as expensive Brand new manuals are available from $29,990 and automatic around $32k. www.kia.com.au
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Although I can't give any details. When we were over in June we did see Vauxhall (Holden) Zafiras about.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 5:54 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: 7/8 seater cars other than the Tarago???

Thanks everyone

Our car here is an Alhambra, which sounds like it's about to die! Don't think we'll get much for it when it dies so need a car but don't want to overspend initially til we work out what we'll be spending on furniture etc.

Anyone used the Government auctions??

Thanks again,

Phil x
Old Nov 14th 2004, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks everyone

Our car here is an Alhambra, which sounds like it's about to die! Don't think we'll get much for it when it dies so need a car but don't want to overspend initially til we work out what we'll be spending on furniture etc.

Anyone used the Government auctions??

Thanks again,

Phil x
We also have a Kia Carnival and we are really happy with it. It is fantastic value for money.
Old Nov 14th 2004, 7:16 am
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by debsy
We also have a Kia Carnival and we are really happy with it. It is fantastic value for money.
Kia here we come then!!!

Thanks,

Phil x
Old Nov 14th 2004, 7:16 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If you go to http://www.discountnewcars.com.au you get small pictures of all the cars available for each maker. It also gives prices you can expect to pay. With technical specs and model features.

Wagons are the same as Estate Cars.
Hey ther ABCD,

What a fantastic site, thanks for that - will come in really handy.

D D