Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

606 Cubic Feet - What's that in real money?

606 Cubic Feet - What's that in real money?

Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:49 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough
Default 606 Cubic Feet - What's that in real money?

Just had first quote for shipping from PSS £2456 including packing, price based on 3 bedroom modern house, so not huge, taking sofa, dining room table, beds, but no matresses etc.

The capacity is up to 606 cubic feet, I have no idea how much that is in real money, will we get all our stuff in?
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:52 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 606 Cubic Feet - What's that in real money?

Hi there

A friend of mine used PSS and had all sorts of trouble with them, just wanted to pass that on...
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:56 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Hi there

A friend of mine used PSS and had all sorts of trouble with them, just wanted to pass that on...
I think i have read somewhere on this site that, when you see a tescos lorry etc - take about 1/3 of that - that is 606 sq feet.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by wargod
I think i have read somewhere on this site that, when you see a tescos lorry etc - take about 1/3 of that - that is 606 sq feet.
That doesnt sound like much, although I suppose it's surprising what they can get in the space...
Old Jan 11th 2005, 2:59 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

That doesnt sound like much
Have you been talking to my wife
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:01 pm

Have you been talking to my wife

LOL!!!!!!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:02 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

Thanks bridiej

I have no idea on where to start, I have been told that 606 sq ft = 10 ft container, we ain't going to shell out 4 grand for a 20 ft container, we will make it fit! Anyone used a self-pack option, or know how much you can save packing everything yourself. Our stuff isn't exactly junk, but we haven't got any picassos' in the loft!!

We just want to save ourselves the expense of buying everything out there as we are on a fairly tight budget.

Lucy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:08 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
Thanks bridiej

I have no idea on where to start, I have been told that 606 sq ft = 10 ft container, we ain't going to shell out 4 grand for a 20 ft container, we will make it fit! Anyone used a self-pack option, or know how much you can save packing everything yourself. Our stuff isn't exactly junk, but we haven't got any picassos' in the loft!!

We just want to save ourselves the expense of buying everything out there as we are on a fairly tight budget.

Lucy

Try these guys - cant comment as havent used them - but prices seem fair
http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/uk/faqs.html
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:23 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Try these guys - cant comment as havent used them - but prices seem fair
http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/uk/faqs.html

Also - have a look at this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=container
Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

nickos10 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just paid £3668 inc insurance for a 20' container (3 bed house) to whites removals
when the agent came he was really good and explained everything about getting mud off bikes etc. we have had to cancel once and they had no problems just let us know when you want to go.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 12:44 am
Just Joined

FredG is an unknown quantity at this point

Woah - hold on people.

We're talking Cubic Feet here. 606 sounds like a lot but let's work it out properly.

Cubic feet is a three dimensional shape so to work it out we need to use the calculation width x height x depth (w x h x d).

606 cubic feet as a regular cube shape works out to be 8'5½" x 8'5½" x 8'5½"

This, to me, does not seem like an awful lot of space for the money.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 12:59 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Half a container is what you have been quoted, 10ft. Which I would be surprised if a 3 bed house would fit in to be honest. We had a 2bed bungalow and squeezed everything into a 20ft container, it was pretty full by the time we had finished.
Firstly I would ask about, are you sharing a container, there may be delays if you are as your boxes etc cannot be cleared by customs etc if the other persons hasn't.
Plus how much are you getting charged if suddenly they decide outside your house that you need a full container.
If others have had problems with this company I would ask them a few more questions, and get another company in to give you a quote. I paid little over £3k for 20ft container and that included over 2 months storage.
Jenny

ps I used 7 oceans in Birkenhead, Merseyside
Old Jan 14th 2005, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

We just used Crown Relocation and we had 570cuft, that cost us £1089 door to door, Sussex to Perth.

Cheers

Paul
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:38 am
Dancing Queen

I am all confused. PSS are coming out on 4th Feb to give a quote. I think I will try and get another couple of companies to come out as well.

I am hoping that 606 will be enough, we have no wardrobes as they are built in, I am giving stuff away like you wouldn't believe.

Had a discussion with husband last night, we have decided to dip into our savings to fund it, we didn't want to, but there you go, that's immigration for you. I reckon I might as well get my salary paid directly yo DIMIA and cut out the middle man!