New member requesting Freo, Subiaco and L'ville info please

New member requesting Freo, Subiaco and L'ville info please

Old Jan 16th 2005, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

ht77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member requesting Freo, Subiaco and L'ville info please

Hi

My partner and I have just got our visas to live in Australia, are we heading
to Perth and Sydney to validate our visas this year.

Trying to find out where would be a good place for a young couple to live, have been told Freemantle, Cottesloe, Subiaco and Leederville may be for us, can anyone give me some advice?

Cheers

H
Old Jan 16th 2005, 4:54 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Smile Re: New member requesting Freo, Subiaco and L'ville info please

Originally Posted by ht77
Hi

Trying to find out where would be a good place for a young couple to live, have been told Freemantle, Cottesloe, Subiaco and Leederville may be for us, can anyone give me some advice?

Cheers

H
hi there, I visited Freo and surrounding areas last may, it was fabulous, the evenings were as relaxed or as fun as you want. Subiaco and cottesloe were really nice areas, the prices for property reflected that though! me and my partner and our 2 kids are on our way to Perth this year (when house is sold)It just depends on what you plan to do when you get there,we are going to head south of the river as that is going to be better for work for us.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: New member requesting Freo, Subiaco and L'ville info please

Excellent. Thank you for replyng. I think this forum could be very very useful..I cant believe I didnt find it earlier.

HT&&
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:06 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ht77
Hi

Cheers

H
Yes, I think these are good choices, though quite pricey.
We live in Mount Hawthorn, just above Leederville, and are quite happy here, nice and quiet, and a bit cheaper(renting), but close to everything(except Fremantle unfortunetly)

Subiaco is very 'hip', and there's lots of appartments. Leederville is also seen as 'hip', but is a bit older. I think there was talk of making it newer/nicer though. More houses, not appartments as much.

Fremantle is also 'hip', but a bit more 'alternative'(which I like). And Fremantle is on the coast, (and less central) compared to above two.

Cottesloe is an expensive suburb with a nice beach.

I you like nightlife, being close to Northbridge would be good, as that's got the biggest nightlife scene.

Hope that helps a bit... Haven't lived in any of these, but have a friend who lives in Leederville(and used to live in Fremantle), and Pascal works in Subi.

Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Thank you