Wikiposts

6 months on

Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

PB

I read that article and it said that in in every 12 houses built were allocated to Homes West. Is that right?

Diane
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:32 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
PB

I read that article and it said that in in every 12 houses built were allocated to Homes West. Is that right?

Diane
We got told 1 in 7 when we looked at the area but its reported as 1 in 12.
No one with any sense would buy a block next to Homeswest dump unless they want entertainment.

Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:40 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

"Entertainment" is the right word. A friend of mine used to give weekly updates at the playgroup of what had been going on with their Homes West neighbours from hell.

Reminded me of living back at Woodgate in Leicester with the little lad next door standing on their wheely bin and peeing into our garden! Such fun.

Diane

You sound a great girl , that bought back visions of a stay with a mate in East Parks estate Leicester , never had so much fun in my life .

Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

"Entertainment" is the right word. A friend of mine used to give weekly updates at the playgroup of what had been going on with their Homes West neighbours from hell.

Reminded me of living back at Woodgate in Leicester with the little lad next door standing on their wheely bin and peeing into our garden! Such fun.

Diane
Old Jul 1st 2003, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Funnily enough I moved just round the corner from there later and had police, thugs and dogs rampage through the garden after a bust up at the Crows Nest on King Richards Road.

Character building experiences is what I call it.

Although I've never lived in a council house, I've always lived in my own house right next to council estates and have some pretty splendid stories to tell. Favourite is when I lived in the Saffron Lane area, we used to have a little mini pickup van which used to get nicked every weekend without fail, they got bored one weekend and just left it at the end of the road but we used to have our neighbours knocking on the door at all hours to spot sightings of it.

Probably why I feel at ease in Clarkson!!

Diane
Old Jul 1st 2003, 5:41 pm
Banned

Funnily enough I moved just round the corner from there later and had police, thugs and dogs rampage through the garden after a bust up at the Crows Nest on King Richards Road.

Character building experiences is what I call it.

Although I've never lived in a council house, I've always lived in my own house right next to council estates and have some pretty splendid stories to tell. Favourite is when I lived in the Saffron Lane area, we used to have a little mini pickup van which used to get nicked every weekend without fail, they got bored one weekend and just left it at the end of the road but we used to have our neighbours knocking on the door at all hours to spot sightings of it.

Probably why I feel at ease in Clarkson!!

Diane

I had never lived outside of Bosworth until I stayed with me mate on the East Parks , what great people and I mean that in a nice way.
Theres a spark in some of the hardened council house dwellers that us country boys never had , some of the guys I knew were bad lads but they they looked after their own.
Spent many a weekend in the Pubs and clubs around the city and never had a problem , mainly because some of the nutters I ran with were at the centre of most punch ups.
Must try and catch up with the old crew if they are not now abiding in the Welford Road Hotel that looks like a Castle.

Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

In Qld the aussies freak if a Housing Commission house comes in. Years ago we heard the housing comission was looking for houses in a very nice suburban estate. Our house was on the market at the time. The neighbours were round in swarms, begging or treatning us not to sell to them. Even the developer contacted us about it. Then the bloody agent told us they had an inspection and it was them, we panicked, couple opposite threatened us with violence if we sold to them it was really scary. What can you do discriminate by refusing to let them in? fortunately they decided not to buy from us as the house only had one bathroom and the bludgers prefer two! that blew us away.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:16 pm
Banned

Originally posted by dotty
In Qld the aussies freak if a Housing Commission house comes in. Years ago we heard the housing comission was looking for houses in a very nice suburban estate. Our house was on the market at the time. The neighbours were round in swarms, begging or treatning us not to sell to them. Even the developer contacted us about it. Then the bloody agent told us they had an inspection and it was them, we panicked, couple opposite threatened us with violence if we sold to them it was really scary. What can you do discriminate by refusing to let them in? fortunately they decided not to buy from us as the house only had one bathroom and the bludgers prefer two! that blew us away.

Its a no win with this pick and mix do you getto one area or let the down at heel bring down a private estate , I have no answer but would worry if a Homeswest tribe moved next door it would be a case of try and sell the house to Homeswest of give it away.

Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:23 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

O.K. What is the 'housing commision' and 'homeswest'...OZ equivalent to concil housing?? Please tell.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:25 pm
Banned

Originally posted by chippy
O.K. What is the 'housing commision' and 'homeswest'...OZ equivalent to concil housing?? Please tell.
The lowest end up in the hands of these departments , same as council but have worse tenants.

Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

unrefined_mind is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by chippy
Yes PB, what is this Homeswest?
Was actually looking at land on the Brighton Estate earlier this year, nobody mentioned anything about this to us???

UM
Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:28 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by pommie bastard
The lowest end up in the hands of these departments , same as council but have worse tenants.

So the rent is paid to local government, not to private landlords?
Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Looks like we've opened a new can of worms here.

But another little question - I understoond that the 1 in 12 homes allocation to Homeswest was in every suburb. Am I talking out of my bottom?

Diane
Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:34 pm
Banned

Originally posted by unrefined_mind
Yes PB, what is this Homeswest?
Was actually looking at land on the Brighton Estate earlier this year, nobody mentioned anything about this to us???

UM
Ask they do not broadcast it , because the Butler side is State land it has had to allow Homeswest to buy up blocks and build homes.try the Jindalee side thats private .

Old Jul 1st 2003, 7:36 pm
Banned

Looks like we've opened a new can of worms here.

But another little question - I understoond that the 1 in 12 homes allocation to Homeswest was in every suburb. Am I talking out of my bottom?

Diane
No only ex state land has Homeswest mixed in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.