Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

5 weeks in update

5 weeks in update

Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Thumbs up 5 weeks in update

Hi all,

Just to let you all know we are now just heading into our 6th week here in Perth and things are good and life is great.

Who knows how we,ll feel in a few months time but we are staying level headed and open minded with our eyes wide open.We really hope it,s forever as it,s fantastic here in Perth.We,ve met some great people who we now call good friends Aussie,s aswell as English.The locals have been more than friendly don,t worry they won,t like you if your a pom.They are very helpful especially when they know you are new.

We have moved pretty quick in our five weeks here.By the end of week 2 we had bought a block of land in Secret harbour 600m from a gorgeous beach Then we organised our well priced and very clean long term rental.Got the girls organised in their education which by the way seems excellent with plenty of work done by the 7 year old and reading and spellings every night.

Bought a couple of vehicles and organised all the boring stuff what you,ve just ended in the UK.

I start work tomorrow and can,t wait as i,m looking forward to bringing our first Aussie $$$$$$,s home.So thats it in a nutshell we feel like our feet hav,nt touched the ground since we,ve been here.Don,t think when you land thats the hard bit done get stuck in with the sorting out and the sooner you get that done your away

We are getting back to normal now and me going to work will help with our routine.When i say normal yesterday we went down to secret harbour beach and the girls played in and out of the water while i went for a swim in the pristine ocean,not exactly normal for the UK but is when you get over here.

dave
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:45 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 weeks in update

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hi all,

Just to let you all know we are now just heading into our 6th week here in Perth and things are good and life is great.

Who knows how we,ll feel in a few months time but we are staying level headed and open minded with our eyes wide open.We really hope it,s forever as it,s fantastic here in Perth.We,ve met some great people who we now call good friends Aussie,s aswell as English.The locals have been more than friendly don,t worry they won,t like you if your a pom.They are very helpful especially when they know you are new.

We have moved pretty quick in our five weeks here.By the end of week 2 we had bought a block of land in Secret harbour 600m from a gorgeous beach Then we organised our well priced and very clean long term rental.Got the girls organised in their education which by the way seems excellent with plenty of work done by the 7 year old and reading and spellings every night.

Bought a couple of vehicles and organised all the boring stuff what you,ve just ended in the UK.

I start work tomorrow and can,t wait as i,m looking forward to bringing our first Aussie $$$$$$,s home.So thats it in a nutshell we feel like our feet hav,nt touched the ground since we,ve been here.Don,t think when you land thats the hard bit done get stuck in with the sorting out and the sooner you get that done your away

We are getting back to normal now and me going to work will help with our routine.When i say normal yesterday we went down to secret harbour beach and the girls played in and out of the water while i went for a swim in the pristine ocean,not exactly normal for the UK but is when you get over here.

dave
Secret Harbour sounds lovely. Good luck with the new job tomorrow you'll have to keep us updated
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:48 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds wonderful......enjoy!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Enjoy your new life Dave. Best of luck with the new job tomorrow.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 12:53 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

a long time coming, eh dave?

sounds like you've hit the road running. a friend who migrated to melbourne last year told me thats the best way to get settled, rather than treat it like a holiday at first and then trying to get sorted. he said the quicker you get all the crap out of the way first, and begin your 'normal' life again, the easier things can be.

sounds brilliant
michelle
xx
Old Nov 13th 2005, 1:14 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

dave
Been here 5 weeks ourselves,
what work are you doing?
Old Nov 13th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi all,

dave
Great to hear everthing's going great for you all, Good luck in your first day at work tomorrow, how's Sam is she working yet? i bet she's enjoying it to much to be thinking about work.

Got some good news for you, we sold the house and exchanged contracts last week and booked our flights for 5th December, so the end is near for us at long bloody last.

Good luck with everything.

Paula.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

michelle-leicester-perth is on a distinguished road

hi dave and family

secret harbour is a wonderfull place, i've smam in that pristine ocean myself many times, my sisterinlaw lives on secret harbour blvd.

when we arrive in feb we will be looking at that area, maybe port kennedy or singleton, depends on what we can afford.

its great to hear you have settled so quickly gives me a bit of convidence!

maybe see you around when we hit the shores in 94 days!

bye from michelle and family
Old Nov 13th 2005, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with everything Dave,
it all sound fantastic I hope everything comes true for you
hugs Lace xx

Say hello to, god his name has escaped me. Right you know who I mean, just been to euro Disney before he came.

Mind has gone blank lol
lace x
Old Nov 13th 2005, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 5 weeks in update

Hi all,

dave
Congratulations,well done.
Old Nov 13th 2005, 6:58 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dave,
glad its all going well, sounds great.
Secret Harbour is one of the areas we are looking at, how did you find the land ?
Been on the real estate sites and most of the land is a fair distance from the beach.
I assume you have priced the land and build, is it much better then the straight buy route?
Most of the houses in Secret Harbour are out of our bracket so maybe land and build will be the way.

How long is the run into Airport area?

Thanks for any help.

Kevin
Old Nov 14th 2005, 6:24 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

dave
Hi Dave and family,

Glad to hear you are settling so well. good luck with work tomorrow.

L-j
Old Nov 14th 2005, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dave,

cheers for the update, a really positive thread. Spend your first aussie wages wisely (yeah right).lol.

Good luck to ya mate.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Hi Dave and Sam dont get on here that often now but it was great to hear you are doing so well. Doesnt seem like yesterday that we all met and we thought you had a chippy !! do you remember
anyway we too are settled in now I start my second Job In jan and Stu is applying for a nother we have finally fingers crossed sold the UK house !!!! only reduced by £46,000 in the end !!

supposed to complete on 25 Nov so if we do we buy the OZ house on dec 5
so happy Christ mas to everyone eh and good luck to everyone waiting to come you really can live the dream if you dare to try
love Sideys XX
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:37 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Sounds as though you are settling in nicely. Good luck with the new job. Best of luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.