457 visa

Old Oct 1st 2003, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

scallywag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 visa

Hi

Going out to Perth in a few weeks on a 457 visa, thinking of buying a franchise, i have seen on businessonline.net.au a firm called crewesharp offering you an investment in a company in return you get a managerial role in the company 5% interest p/a, the option of you investment back after 2/3 years and you will get you PR visa, anyone tried this or heard anything about this kind of investment

Please any feedback would be helpful, desperate to find the best way of getting my 457 visa into a PR visa after 2 years

Thanks
Old Oct 1st 2003, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

keith (UK) is an unknown quantity at this point

I could be completely wrong here, but I don't think you can get a PR visa by any other means except from a full PR application.

I have a 457 visa, and will be using it to move to Aus later this year. My understanding of the system is that if I want to apply for PR, I will need to apply under one of the skilled visa classes, or equivalent 'on shore' class if applied for in Australia.

Maybe one of the experts who browse this site can give you more info.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 457 visa

Hi Scallywag

Answered your thread yesterday re business visas, don't know if you saw it. Just wondered how long it took you to get your visa approved as we have just applied (with State Sponsorship) and was told about 4 months. We have also been looking at businesses for sale on the internet but haven't seen the one you mentioned, sounds a bit too good to be true. The sooner we can get PR the better though, but it will be quite hard to meet the criteria, especially the turnover unless we buy into a business already achieving it.

Good luck anyway, when do you leave?

Sam
Old Oct 1st 2003, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks

It all seems a bit confusing, we applied before the 31st march deadline not sure what difference that makes, also the wife has gained a NVQ level 2 in care, wonder if w can apply for a PR using this!!

Come on all you experts help me out please
Old Oct 1st 2003, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

I hope to be qualified as a hairdresser before we leave and our agent said that I could apply independently under the Skilled category for PR while there on the business skills visa, so you never know that might be possible after a bit of Australian work experience.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sam

We applied the end of Feb (2003) and recieved our letter comfirming visa 4th July, ours is a 4 year 457ie visa. We have just sold the house so are looking to fly out mid nov, going to Leda near Rockingham to start, see where we go from there

Phil
Old Oct 1st 2003, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Phil

We too are looking at Rockingham, or possibly Mandurah. Ideally would like to start up a business from scratch but definitely think we would have trouble meeting the turnover criteria. There doesn't seem to be many people on this visa, I suppose its quite a gamble. I'm not sure we want to part with a large sum of cash to buy a business outright, but we may have to. Ideally would like to buy part of a business, just enough to qualify for PR

Sam
Old Oct 1st 2003, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 visa

Originally posted by scallywag
Hi

Going out to Perth in a few weeks on a 457 visa, thinking of buying a franchise, i have seen on businessonline.net.au a firm called crewesharp offering you an investment in a company in return you get a managerial role in the company 5% interest p/a, the option of you investment back after 2/3 years and you will get you PR visa, anyone tried this or heard anything about this kind of investment

Please any feedback would be helpful, desperate to find the best way of getting my 457 visa into a PR visa after 2 years

Thanks
So you give them $100k. In return they promise you 5% pa interest and your money back at the end of 2 years - and eligibility for a PR visa. Mmmmmm - sounds too good to be true. And, you know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true . . .

Alan

PS If it works, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know cause I'd like some of it. Also on a 457.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you can apply for PR. I think that you should read up on it before you leave. We too are going on a 457ie and wouldn't be taking such a risk if we can't apply for PR

Whisky
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 1:20 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Keith,

There are two types of 457-visa: the employer sponsored 457 (which it sounds like you have) and the 457-Independent Executive visa (which you can't apply for any more, as from the end of last February). On the 457-IE visa you can obtain permanent residency by setting up or buying into a suitable business, and then applying for one of the business skills visas.

Best regards.

Originally posted by keith (UK)
I could be completely wrong here, but I don't think you can get a PR visa by any other means except from a full PR application.

I have a 457 visa, and will be using it to move to Aus later this year. My understanding of the system is that if I want to apply for PR, I will need to apply under one of the skilled visa classes, or equivalent 'on shore' class if applied for in Australia.

Maybe one of the experts who browse this site can give you more info.

Cheers.