Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

31 days to go and still not packed!

31 days to go and still not packed!

Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

robtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the rough
Default 31 days to go and still not packed!

Hi all! We leave in 31 days and we still haven't shipped our stuff! We've contacted Anglo pacific and are waiting for them to bring the boxes round. My wife (who is 6 and a half months pregnant and an Australian citizen) is doing ok but i'm starting to panic! I can't wait to get to Perth, but as we get closer to leaving i get a bit panicky thinking about all the things we're leaving behind. I'm guessing it's just natural to be a bit nervous. There's no way i'm going to pull out of going so i'm finding theses panicky feelings annoying! Did anyone else have these feelings before they left? If so, how long til they stopped?
Thanks guys!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 31 days to go and still not packed!

Originally Posted by robtkd1
Hi all! We leave in 31 days and we still haven't shipped our stuff! We've contacted Anglo pacific and are waiting for them to bring the boxes round. My wife (who is 6 and a half months pregnant and an Australian citizen) is doing ok but i'm starting to panic! I can't wait to get to Perth, but as we get closer to leaving i get a bit panicky thinking about all the things we're leaving behind. I'm guessing it's just natural to be a bit nervous. There's no way i'm going to pull out of going so i'm finding theses panicky feelings annoying! Did anyone else have these feelings before they left? If so, how long til they stopped?
Thanks guys!
Everyone. They stop about six months after you land. Don't worry, you're normal.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

robtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks! I'm glad i'm not the only one who's felt like this!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice

Our shippers arrive in less than 24 hours and we have still loads to do!!!! We fly on Saturday, nerves are really kicking in now, but I keep telling myself it is natural to feel like this. Not even started to worry about starting new job on Jan 12th

Good luck with your move,

James
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:19 am
Just Joined

good luck james! If it makes you feel better we fly on the 27th Jan and we don't have jobs! Luckily we are staying at my wife's parents house