Bribie Island

Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Ozzy Wozzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bribie Island

Been here for 2 weeks now. Loving it. Just need to find a few other people in the same boat.
Anyone?.....
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bribie Island

Yup in Pacific Harbour love it lots. There are four of us, Me OH and 16 +12 yr old. What about you, are you working yet!

Angi
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Angib
Yup in Pacific Harbour love it lots. There are four of us, Me OH and 16 +12 yr old. What about you, are you working yet!

Angi
Hi Angi,

Decided to chill out completely over Christmas.

I will be teaching at Gym Junkies from January and will be starting my martial arts clubs in February/March.

My partner, Maria, will be looking for work in January.

We are in Banksia Beach, so really close to you.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Small world my Son is planning to join in New year - he is keen to study sports coaching and fitness instruction this year - he is avid parkour fan and spends all his free time practicing. Glad you are able to chill - it is nice to enjoy the area and settle in properly. I started work quickly but only because our plans changed and the UK house sale fell through I needed to get money coming in quicker than I had planned. Has been good though as I feel we got into a routinue quickly too. We should arrange a meet up on the island soon?

Angi
Old Dec 25th 2008, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

d020775 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Moved to the Island two weeks ago, moved to oz five weeks ago. Don't start work until 7th Jan so we have been really chillin out, all be it spending loads of money as our shipment which was supposed to dock 11/12 has been delayed until sometime middle Jan they think.Great!!!

'We' is my wife and I with a new addition due in 9 weeks and two dogs(collected them last Saturday).

Good to know of expats locally.

Merry christmas to you all and Happy new year.(anybody know of any good events happening new year?)

Dave & Sarah
Old Dec 25th 2008, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by d020775
Hi all,

Moved to the Island two weeks ago, moved to oz five weeks ago. Don't start work until 7th Jan so we have been really chillin out, all be it spending loads of money as our shipment which was supposed to dock 11/12 has been delayed until sometime middle Jan they think.Great!!!

'We' is my wife and I with a new addition due in 9 weeks and two dogs(collected them last Saturday).

Merry christmas to you all and Happy new year.(anybody know of any good events happening new year?)

Dave & Sarah
Be great to arrange a meet up. Seems like there are a few of us on the island.

d020775 what dogs do you have?
We have 2 x West Highland terriers who came out of quarantine about 2 weeks after we arrived. So great to have them with us.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi

have two labs, one black one yellow. got them back on saturday and drove back from sydney with a stop-over at Coffs harbour. they love the sea at red beach. coping with heat quite well, thankfully.

Meet up sounds good. nice to get to know other expats on the island.

Dave & Sarah
Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by d020775
Hi all,

We had our container packed at our house on the 27th of October and its not even on the ship until January - we had decided to sell up lots and buy new when we got here, we are getting there and pretty much have most of the things we need but it is all the small things we are waiting on that makes house home. Even though we have 200sq m of stuff it was unableto be loaded earlier as apparently it is alot for groupage but too little for travel independantly so scheduled for Jan now (fingers crossed)

We got a pup when we arrived as our two cats were too old for the trip, it has been great for the kids and she keeps us busy running about Red Beach - sure we will probably see other expats on our travels.

There is a firework display at Bribie - Brennan Park
Dave & Sarah
Cheers Angi
Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

What puppy did you get? Sarah saw some cocker spaniel's yesterday at Morayfield shopping plaza. Had to peel her away from the glass on several occasions.

We had been sent an e-mail before we left saying our gods were due into Brisbane on the 11th Dec. When we phoned them on the 12th, they told us the delay had pushed the date bck into Jan.It was nly supposed to be 9-11 weeks which is going to be very tight now.

I think we'll be going to the fireworks.

Dave
Old Dec 27th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

We have a little spaniel we went to Puppy Palace in Enoggera and were smitten - should have known better. It is so hard waiting for your stuff you muist have been so disappointed - who are you using?

Will be at fireworks too - hopefully - I'm working till eleven so need to get back from Caboolture on time!!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi

We used crown. What about you? they came across as the most professional but have lost there shine since.

I can understand your attraction to the puppies. Sarah would have wanted them all. She is easily won over by them.

Do you want to meet at the fireworks? I know you might be late but you can have our mobile number and just let us know if your late or not going.

Dave
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:04 am
Just Joined

We have our stuff arriving on January 16th (ish). We went with John Mason. They were really good at the Uk end, just hope they are as good this end.

What time would be good to meet up at the fireworks?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ozzy

Is there much else going on before the fireworks do you know? If there are things to do we were thinking of 8 ish. We could always meet then or later, whichever you prefer.

Dave
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

My OH Iain and the kids will be at the fireworks from 8ish, Ill be there at 11.30 but that would be fab to meet up if people are still there!! OH will be there and always keen to meet new people too - so if i am late it still is a chance to meet some new faces on the island.

Will PM you my mobile no, and anyone can drop me a txt etc if you fancy catching up.

BTW We have used John Mason also.

Angi
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the telephone number. Will be texting you.

d020775 Were you walking your dogs on the beach on Christmas morning?

Bribie New Years Eve Celebrations - Live entertainment from 7pm at Brennan Park, Bribie Island Amusement Rides & Food Stalls. Fireworks at 9pm & Midnight.

New Years Eve Beach Party - Live music after 9pm. Beachwear Clothing. The Surf Club Bistro

Last edited by Ozzy Wozzy; Dec 28th 2008 at 8:20 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.