Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

3 months on the Sunshine Coast Qld.

3 months on the Sunshine Coast Qld.

Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:27 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 3 months on the Sunshine Coast Qld.

Originally Posted by cazz
Do you know if the paper has a web site to look at houses to buy or rent have looked in real estate but not tried the papers yet. Water front at Mooloolaba would be nice perhaps in my next life!!
www.sunshinecoast.checkout.com.au this is the local paper with houses jobs etc. Don't believe the salesman,its not as nice as Caloundra, Buderim is where the poor people live . Everwhere up here is gorgeous, n& the people are fantastic, driveway drinks anyone
Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:29 pm
Merlot

What a nice endorsement for that area, gives us food for thought for our return in a few years time. Not sure where to start for a possible Queensland decent.

Good luck, you sound like you don't need it.

Merlot

Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

Originally Posted by DavidT
www.sunshinecoast.checkout.com.au this is the local paper with houses jobs etc. Don't believe the salesman,its not as nice as Caloundra, Buderim is where the poor people live . Everwhere up here is gorgeous, n& the people are fantastic, driveway drinks anyone

Sorry Mr T i really must disagree with you on this one. I spent Tuesday all around Caloundra & Pelican waters and Buderim & surrounding area's are far more impressive. However anywhere from Caloundra upto Noosa would be a lovely place to live. It's just Buderim gives you that Village feel with all the extra's very close by.

And for as where the poor live!! I aint taking the bait!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sydney The Dog
Sorry Mr T i really must disagree with you on this one. I spent Tuesday all around Caloundra & Pelican waters and Buderim & surrounding area's are far more impressive. However anywhere from Caloundra upto Noosa would be a lovely place to live. It's just Buderim gives you that Village feel with all the extra's very close by.

And for as where the poor live!! I aint taking the bait!!!!

The village feel is what we liked, but it also close enough to the beach and shopping centres. As for where the poor live not sure how you work that one out!!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:49 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cazz
The village feel is what we liked, but it also close enough to the beach and shopping centres. As for where the poor live not sure how you work that one out!!
I've just had a look at the Real Estate site for this area, and the houses are just "to good to be true" !

When you say "close to beach, shopping centres,etc" is that a walk of 20 minutes or so, or a drive of fifthteen....don't forget your speaking to a London boy here, so I'm just trying to get an idea of the distances involved.

Whats the area like for kids/teenagers, much to do, or would they get bored out of there mind ?

Cheers....
Old Jan 27th 2005, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

daveleegreen is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an Technical Sales Engineer (Heating/Ventilation and AC controls). Can you please expand on the job market? What do you sell? What is the Australian Employer Attitude to a Pom with no experience of the Australian market, area and no buisness contacts (No suggesting this is your case but it would be mine).

Sorry for all the questions, I am hoping to relocate with my present employer here in the UK, but just intrested if it were to fall through what would my chances of finding employment as a Salesman be. If plan B fails I would try and find a job as an electrician (previous occupation)

Visa should be here next month hopefully and the reality of it all has just hit home.

[QUOTE=Sydney The Dog]It's an hour drive to Brissy, but set the cruise at 110 and let the V6 do the work. We are 4k's from the coast and spend LOTS of time at Alex Headland. We are all into surfing. The job market is brill. I got offered the first 3 jobs i went for, but then i'm a SALESMAN!!!![/QUOTE
Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:11 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=daveleegreen]I am an Technical Sales Engineer (Heating/Ventilation and AC controls). Can you please expand on the job market? What do you sell? What is the Australian Employer Attitude to a Pom with no experience of the Australian market, area and no buisness contacts (No suggesting this is your case but it would be mine).

Sorry for all the questions, I am hoping to relocate with my present employer here in the UK, but just intrested if it were to fall through what would my chances of finding employment as a Salesman be. If plan B fails I would try and find a job as an electrician (previous occupation)

Visa should be here next month hopefully and the reality of it all has just hit home.

It's an hour drive to Brissy, but set the cruise at 110 and let the V6 do the work. We are 4k's from the coast and spend LOTS of time at Alex Headland. We are all into surfing. The job market is brill. I got offered the first 3 jobs i went for, but then i'm a SALESMAN!!!![/QUOTE
Debreeve's hubbie Kev works in aircon they live on the Sunny Coast do a search on some of her posts. Here's one for starters
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=Debs+aircon
Old Jan 27th 2005, 9:06 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Lordy...your giving me ideas!!!! We move over in a months time - was starting to look at other side of Brisbane - but I'll look into Sunshine coast - thanks for the tip!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Lordy...your giving me ideas!!!! We move over in a months time - was starting to look at other side of Brisbane - but I'll look into Sunshine coast - thanks for the tip!

Sunshine coast is a lot nicer than brisbane and generally a lot cooler too, sea breezes. Most areas including those mentioned caloundra and buderim have houses from $350,000 up to a few mill for seafront, large beautiful homes for well under $500,000. Caloundras got lots of old houses but several new estates, lovely beaches, buderims the doctors and lawyers area, green and leafy but 5 minute drive to excellent beaches, lots of very good schools. Mooloolabas mainly units now, not many houses left been bulldozed for units, called mooloolaba and its a house its really what was called palm valley. Noosas a bit out of the way, not as much work but if you can afford real noosa you probably wont need work Tewantins more affordable, Perigaians beautiful but very isolated facility wise. All poms I have met here have found work despite unemployment being a bit higher than the cities.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

sharkbait is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=daveleegreen]I am an Technical Sales Engineer (Heating/Ventilation and AC controls). Can you please expand on the job market? What do you sell? What is the Australian Employer Attitude to a Pom with no experience of the Australian market, area and no buisness contacts (No suggesting this is your case but it would be mine).

It's an hour drive to Brissy, but set the cruise at 110 and let the V6 do the work. We are 4k's from the coast and spend LOTS of time at Alex Headland. We are all into surfing. The job market is brill. I got offered the first 3 jobs i went for, but then i'm a SALESMAN!!!![/QUOTE
Sales jobs are by far the easiest to come by in Queensland. You will get a job in sales if you go for one.......and you might even get paid.....
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

Originally Posted by sharkbait
Sales jobs are by far the easiest to come by in Queensland. You will get a job in sales if you go for one.......and you might even get paid.....
Just spent the day repping in south Brisbane in Cleveland and Moreton Bay area which is very nice and a lovely feel. So back to some questions!!!

Yes as a salesman you do get paid!!!! Also a very nice company car with a nice company credit card to put very cheap petrol in the nice big V6. I was also very lucky that they paid for home desk, chair, fax installation of fax line and tel line ect ect. I've moved into an area that i'm not an expert but willing to try hard and learn. I also held out from my first basic offer to get an quite alot extra!!!

Any salesman who has spent any time around the M25 will laugh at the journey from Sunshine coast to Brisbane. It is a real breeze and when you get to Brisbane the traffic is great!!!

I still stick to my first BOLD statement. Buderim Sunshine Coast Qld is the best place to live in Australia!!!!!

If on my travels i find out something different. You will be the first to know!!!

One happy sunny coast REP. But it does help when you are on your laptop with a LARGE glass of Red sitting by the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!