British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   3 months on the Sunshine Coast Qld. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/3-months-sunshine-coast-qld-280090/)

Sydney The Dog Jan 26th 2005 9:54 am

3 months on the Sunshine Coast Qld.

Happy Australia day to all. Yes 3 months ago today we arrived at Brissy airport.

I'm going to make a BOLD statement!!!

I think we live in the best place in Australia, Buderim Sunshine Coast Qld.!!!!

I travel all over the Southeast Qld as a sales rep and i THINK you can't beat this place. The whole feel of the place is great. People are so laid back and happy to live in a wonderfull enviroment.

As for us our 3 months have just gone so well. Kids are very happy with school and friends going really well. We both are working and enjoying work. Debs works for Bluecare nursing on a casual basis and i'm a sales rep.

We have brought a lovely house with all the goodies that we need: -

4WD, Plasma TV, Pool ect ect!!!

The only negative i can think of is my waistline is getting bigger with all the beer and wine we are drinking enjoying our new life in the land of plenty!!!

We have been here 3 months but seams like we have been here for ever. We are at home. To all you guys back in the UK with any doubts. It don't get much better than this.

All the best.

artep Jan 26th 2005 9:58 am

Re: 3 months on the Sunshine Coast Qld.

Good to hear you're enjoying life!!!!!!!!!! You're in Buderim??? Thats an area we're looking at...one of the reasons being because of Mountain Creek High...I've heard lots of good things about it and they've been really helpful sending us loads of info etc. What school do your kids go to????

Petra

mlbonner Jan 26th 2005 10:01 am

Hi there (was going to abbreviate your name to three letters, but it didnt sound so good ;))

Glad to hear you're having a good time and settled in so well. That is a BOLD statement you just made, but its nice that you feel you can do - why would you live there if you couldn't?!? :D

PS: From memory you were selling wooden blinds, is that right? (have made a mental note of this because I'm going to contact you once our house is built and push for BE rates :p ;))

cadman Jan 26th 2005 10:11 am

Good on ya mate!

Glad to hear it's going well, nice to hear a positive for once! :)

Sydney The Dog Jan 26th 2005 10:17 am

Originally Posted by artep
Good to hear you're enjoying life!!!!!!!!!! You're in Buderim??? Thats an area we're looking at...one of the reasons being because of Mountain Creek High...I've heard lots of good things about it and they've been really helpful sending us loads of info etc. What school do your kids go to????

Petra

My son is at Mountain Creek Junior and my daughter has just started Mountain Creek High after graduating from Mountain Creek junior after attending for 3 week!!!!!! No, they both love it and they are so geared up for new students. One of the reasons life is so great is due to the fact they have settled so well. It also helps its a bloody GREAT place to live. My son is talking about going to Japan on a school trip.

Sue2 Jan 26th 2005 10:18 am

:D

Originally Posted by Sydney The Dog
Happy Australia day to all. Yes 3 months ago today we arrived at Brissy airport.

I travel all over the Southeast Qld as a sales rep and i THINK you can't beat this place. The whole feel of the place is great. People are so laid back and happy to live in a wonderfull enviroment.

As for us our 3 months have just gone so well. Kids are very happy with school and friends going really well. We both are working and enjoying work. Debs works for Bluecare nursing on a casual basis and i'm a sales rep.

The only negative i can think of is my waistline is getting bigger with all the beer and wine we are drinking enjoying our new life in the land of plenty!!!

We have been here 3 months but seams like we have been here for ever. We are at home. To all you guys back in the UK with any doubts. It don't get much better than this.

All the best.

Really nice to hear you & your family are loving your new life :D all the best.

Keep us posted

Sue :)

artep Jan 26th 2005 10:23 am

My son is at Mountain Creek Junior and my daughter has just started Mountain Creek High after graduating from Mountain Creek junior after attending for 3 week!!!!!! No, they both love it and they are so geared up for new students. One of the reasons life is so great is due to the fact they have settled so well. It also helps its a bloody GREAT place to live. My son is talking about going to Japan on a school trip.

That's fab to hear!!!! I've had good vibes from the high school, I think if your kids are happy and settling well, then it easier to cope with all the other stresses and strains of adjusting to your new life!! I have 3 kids...14 (boy) 11 (boy) and my daughter is 9. Our house is just sold and we're hoping to be there asap!!! My middle one isn't too mpressed at having to go back to juniors mind as he started secondary here last sept!!!

kmunce Jan 26th 2005 10:28 am

I agree with you on that one!!!! I am an aussie, my husband's English and it's only 2 weeks till I'm comin home and taking him with me!!! I am from Kawana, not too far from Buderim really. I grew up on the Sunshine Coast and thank my parents for moving there when I was young, as it was the best place in the world to grow up. Not sure where we will end up settling, I like Buderim but the hubby doesn't want to be near too many snakes and spiders, so maybe around Kawana area near the beach. Good to hear you're opinion!!!

JJJHM Jan 26th 2005 10:28 am

Interesting, we are heading over in August... still not totally decided where to settle.. just a couple of questions... How far are you from Brisbane and the coast? and what is the job market like?

ta.. :)

Sydney The Dog Jan 26th 2005 10:35 am

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Interesting, we are heading over in August... still not totally decided where to settle.. just a couple of questions... How far are you from Brisbane and the coast? and what is the job market like?

ta.. :)

It's an hour drive to Brissy, but set the cruise at 110 and let the V6 do the work. We are 4k's from the coast and spend LOTS of time at Alex Headland. We are all into surfing. The job market is brill. I got offered the first 3 jobs i went for, but then i'm a SALESMAN!!!!

Kelli28 Jan 26th 2005 10:39 am

All the best.

glad your enjoying it and i think i can cope with that negative ;) vino must be good :beer:

JJJHM Jan 26th 2005 10:56 am

Thanks for that... my husband is an accountant... so thought we might need to be nearer CBD... but may be not!!

Food for thought!!

cazz Jan 26th 2005 11:20 am

Hi myself and hubby are leaving for oz 8th feb we have more or less decided on Buderim and suddenly reading your post I can't wait to get there. We looked at Buderim 2 years ago, and it is the first place on our list. How is the housing market over there is it still rising as fast!! :D
Cazz

Sydney The Dog Jan 26th 2005 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by cazz
Hi myself and hubby are leaving for oz 8th feb we have more or less decided on Buderim and suddenly reading your post I can't wait to get there. We looked at Buderim 2 years ago, and it is the first place on our list. How is the housing market over there is it still rising as fast!! :D
Cazz

The house market seams to be stable with lots a great houses for sale. The paper on Saturday morning has a great selection. If you have got 1 or 2 million then look at Mooloolaba or Minyama on the water!!!!!!!

cazz Jan 26th 2005 7:09 pm

The house market seams to be stable with lots a great houses for sale. The paper on Saturday morning has a great selection. If you have got 1 or 2 million then look at Mooloolaba or Minyama on the water!!!!!!!

Do you know if the paper has a web site to look at houses to buy or rent have looked in real estate but not tried the papers yet. Water front at Mooloolaba would be nice perhaps in my next life!! :D