20kg!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 21st 2003, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default 20kg!!!!!!!!!!!

hi

been sorting out cases tonight, only allowed 20kg with malaysian, not much for a family of 4.

can anyone tell me how much excess baggage will cost per extra kilo?

so much to do, but knackered so am going off to bed, will worry about it in the morning!!!!!!!!!

yve
Old May 21st 2003, 9:16 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 20kg!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by abergas
hi

been sorting out cases tonight, only allowed 20kg with malaysian, not much for a family of 4.

so much to do, but knackered so am going off to bed, will worry about it in the morning!!!!!!!!!

yve
Have look at the post from that nice mr baldbutts the other day - looks like you might have a problem with malaysian.......

Perry
Old May 21st 2003, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

lorrimer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by abergas
hi

yve
Hi,
When are you off? We leave Sunday night (also Malaysian)
Haven't even though about packing yet!!!
20k isn't going to be nearly enough for us. One toddler and another due in July.
Good luck, where are you going to? We are going to Brisbane but will be stopping off for a week in Malaysia,
Lorrimer
Old May 21st 2003, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point

Yve,

So it's 20kg per family??!!

I thought it was per person! Help!!

Heather
Old May 21st 2003, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

They will usually allow you 27-28kgs without starting to charge you. Once you go over this they may just charge you for the excess over that or charge you for the full excess. Sometimes it depends on what sort of mood the check in person is in. Try to stuff as many heavy things in to your hand luggage that you can...or do they weigh that as well. I know they do in OZ.
Old May 21st 2003, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

No it is 20kg per person, not sure what they allow for toddlers. Which means abergas that you have 80kg's.
Old May 21st 2003, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

We've got 40kg per person including 40kg each for the kids. 160kg altogether. Thats sounds huge, any idea what that equates to in pieces of luggage?

Mash

Originally posted by suebo
No it is 20kg per person, not sure what they allow for toddlers. Which means abergas that you have 80kg's.
Old May 21st 2003, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HeatherS
Yve,

So it's 20kg per family??!!

I thought it was per person! Help!!

Heather

It's 20kg per paid seat ticket.
So if they have charged you for a seat for the little ones then you get the 20kg allowance
Old May 22nd 2003, 1:57 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Malaysia do weigh your hand luggage if it looks dodgy-i.e large bag,sweating, red guy carrying it.
I suggest getting up there early as poss to check-in,and take your credit card.
The check-in girl (see I didn't say bird or tart) will send you to the help desk opposite.The guy there allowed us 30 kilos each,then rounded down the weight of each case.Our bill was £140,instead of around £600 it would jave been if they'd charged us their £30 per kilo chargre.
Looking back,I'd rather have paid this £140 than fly another route/airline and had SARS to worry about.So if you go expecting the excess charge,and plead ignorance and tell them Singapore etc do 40kg allowances,you should be o.k.
But if you get a great kids entertainment pack,let us know.

BB-Excess ballbaggage
Old May 22nd 2003, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Don't panic too much, it's amazing what you can squeeze in. We had 3 suitcases & 5 holdalls for our 80kg. Hand luggage was weighed, had to be under 7kg. It did help that our check in lady wasn't too hot on her maths and added up the weights incorrectly, giving us an extra 10kg, so were about 80kgish. Lap top counted as hand luggage and wasn't weighed, it was an extra piece. Might be an idea to check the dimensions for hand luggage and buy bags up to that size, or at least a couple, as it's quite big and you can get a lot in (subject to it weighing less than 7kg of course).

We flew Malaysian too and didn't have any problems with them. NO kids packs though so BBdid well! Our kids are 7 & 12, maybe too old?? The films were okay, think I only watched one, nothing really suitble for the 7 year old but he loved the games. Second plane from KL to Perth better (maybe just psychological cos I knew we were on the last leg!).

Good luck, the last few days in the UK aren't fun but it will all be worth it when you get here. Where are you staying to start with?

all the best

Loopy
Old May 22nd 2003, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Mash, 20kg is about one large suitcase full of clothes. Because of increased security you cannot lock your luggage, so don't fill the cases full to bursting and rely on the lock to hold it together!

regards adelaidegirl
Old May 22nd 2003, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

You know me too well obviously!!

Ok, I'm going off to buy some large holdalls £4.99 each from the market, stuff it full and weigh it.....I think I'll need a van to get us to the airport...

See you in adelaide, adelaide girl.

Mash..

Originally posted by adelaidegirl
Mash, ...........don't fill the cases full to bursting and rely on the lock to hold it together!

regards adelaidegirl
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Hi thanks for replies,
waiting for john masons to arrive, gave up with the luggage last night, sorry I mean't 20 kgs each person. didn't think of using holdalls, might suggest that to dave when he gets back from heathrow, he has taken the dog up!oh god they are here
yve
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh God

I bet it feels all real now. Not much longer and you will be there!

footie chick
Old May 22nd 2003, 9:42 am
Badge

Originally posted by mashiraz
We've got 40kg per person including 40kg each for the kids. 160kg altogether. Thats sounds huge, any idea what that equates to in pieces of luggage?

Mash

2 suitcases each basically with each suitcase not taking the piss

I regularly take on 22-23 in 1 suitcase on a 20kg limit and never raise an eyebrow

Top tip for weighing :

don't put your case on the scales - it may be resting off balance or half on the floor; weigh yourself, then yourself carrying the suitcase...

yadda yadda

Last edited by badgersmount; May 22nd 2003 at 9:46 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.