Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2001 visa pooled, stni nomination 2004, still waiting for visa decision anyone else?

2001 visa pooled, stni nomination 2004, still waiting for visa decision anyone else?

Old May 9th 2005, 1:03 am
Just Joined

dreamer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face 2001 visa pooled, stni nomination 2004, still waiting for visa decision anyone else?

Hi, I am most likely a very unique case.

I applyied for an Austrlian skilled visa in 2001as a Medical
scientist and only made 105 points because of my age, I was 44 at the time and so was put in the pool.

I applied for Victoria State Sponsorship September 2004 right before my name was to be remove from the pool. Happily Victoria agreed to sponsor me under the STNI scheme.

After some mix ups with the wrong address I got the information from my case officer requesting my medical and police checks. The medical was completed in DEc. 2004 in Melbourne. I had my US police checks done but had to wait until MARCH before I received the police clearance letter from Saudi Arabia.

Adelaide Skilled processing unit says they recieved the final document March 21 2005 (Saudi police check), but I am still waiting. I am getting very
concerned even though ASPC says they are just about finished with the visa process. Has anyone else been in this stituation? I am wonder ing if its taking so long because the application is so old and they have to put all the information from the original application on line.

I had some commitments in yhe US for a couple of years and didn't get around to applying and so I wonder if this weakens my case. Also now I'm older and that I am sure weakens my chances to get into OZ.

I haven't heard a word from my case officer since he first e-mailed me to send the medical and Police checks and I am wondering if no news is good news and they just need time to make their decision or if something is wrong.

I am getting to be a nervous wreck about waiting.

D
Old Aug 27th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

kommune112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2001 visa pooled, stni nomination 2004, still waiting for visa decision anyone else?

Hi dreamer,
any news ??
Old Aug 27th 2005, 12:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2001 visa pooled, stni nomination 2004, still waiting for visa decision anyone el

Originally Posted by kommune112
Hi dreamer,
any news ??
You may not get a reply as this user only has 5 posts, the last one in June.

Jeremy
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: 2001 visa pooled, stni nomination 2004, still waiting for visa decision anyone else?

Hi dreamer,
any news ??

Hi Kommune,

Thanks very much for your interest in my case. Believe it or not I am still waiting. I had to redo the SA police check and that took a few months to sort out. I got it back a couple of weeks ago and is on its way to my agent. So I will hear about my visa in the next couple of weeks.

I don't post much but I read the posts on the forum and have been helped a lot by others experience. Its a little embarrassing to have waited so long, mainly because my ap was pooled but I am now in the home stretch and I know its worth it.

How is it going with you, have you got your visa yet?

I plan on flying out to Melbourne pretty much right after the grant so I'm getting excited and a little scared.

Dreamer
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

kommune112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: 2001 visa pooled, stni nomination 2004, still waiting for visa decision anyone else?

Originally Posted by dreamer
Hi Kommune,

Thanks very much for your interest in my case. Believe it or not I am still waiting. I had to redo the SA police check and that took a few months to sort out. I got it back a couple of weeks ago and is on its way to my agent. So I will hear about my visa in the next couple of weeks.

I don't post much but I read the posts on the forum and have been helped a lot by others experience. Its a little embarrassing to have waited so long, mainly because my ap was pooled but I am now in the home stretch and I know its worth it.

How is it going with you, have you got your visa yet?

I plan on flying out to Melbourne pretty much right after the grant so I'm getting excited and a little scared.

Dreamer
Hi Dreamer,

so you're still alive! That makes me wonder because of your neverending visa story. Wish you all the best for the next steps.
WA just sent our required STNI form 1100 to ASPC last week.
Now they have to find our pooled application and that may last awhile......

let us know once your visa is granted

kommune 112
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

grshakya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2001 visa pooled, stni nomination 2004, still waiting for visa decision anyone el

Hi dreamer,
I am also in the same boat but i applied on 2002. I got STNI sponsorship from victoria government just now.
I had already got 110 points from DIMIA (will be expire on 20-feb-2007) and now what are forms do i need to apply for STNI and do i need to pay extra fee to apply for it or it is automatic process i mean DIMIA will ask more information for it ? I am bit confuse, i hope friends will help on this.
With regards,
jitendra.

Hi Dreamer,

so you're still alive! That makes me wonder because of your neverending visa story. Wish you all the best for the next steps.
WA just sent our required STNI form 1100 to ASPC last week.
Now they have to find our pooled application and that may last awhile......

let us know once your visa is granted

kommune 112
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: 2001 visa pooled, stni nomination 2004, still waiting for visa decision anyone el

Originally Posted by grshakya
Hi dreamer,
I am also in the same boat but i applied on 2002. I got STNI sponsorship from victoria government just now.
I had already got 110 points from DIMIA (will be expire on 20-feb-2007) and now what are forms do i need to apply for STNI and do i need to pay extra fee to apply for it or it is automatic process i mean DIMIA will ask more information for it ? I am bit confuse, i hope friends will help on this.
With regards,
jitendra.

Hi Grshakya,

I am going on a STNI visa subclass 137 which is a permanent visa, I was required to have 70 points at the time of application. My application date was 2001 but it took a year of processing in the US(LA then) to get put on the skill match. Pooled visas are on the list two years, and I was picked off the list about two years later. Actually about a week before I was to be taken off the list Vic gov agreed to sponsor me.

I think you are applying under STNI temporary, SIR subclass 495 which I don' have to much knowledge of.

I think you need to contact an agent to sort things out and get direction. Its worth the money.

I admit I am confused too, most of the time.

Dreamer